Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deadliest Warrior...Jeepo turn away now...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadliest Warrior...Jeepo turn away now...

Just noticed that tonight they are comparing the "IRA" with the "Taliban".....

I heard a clip preview and when I heard some IDIOT claim the IRA has never been beaten.....the blood began to boil...

All I have to say to that is.... "Gibraltar" - The only time the IRA ever truly faced the British Forces in full effect. Politicians stopped the Army from the shoot to kill policy and had that been allowed, THEN we may have seen a different outcome, rather than the collapse due to fund closure from the US bank accounts following 9-11.

I may have to watch to see what nonsense they come out with....
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: Deadliest Warrior...Jeepo turn away now...

Erin go bragh!

:)

Comment

Gibraltar? Now that caused quite a lot of noise in media, public opinion and with politicians... I just say that rather some pulls extra on the trigger on the Browning High Power, than dead innocents. :)

Comment

lol that show is such a farce. I only watch it so I can laugh at what they call science.

last week I watched the Green Berets vs Spetznaz. The Spetz won because they have a ballistic knife. Isn't it an improper matchup as well? Aren't the Green Berets used mostly in an advisory role and training indigenous personnel? Aren't the Spetz always running around in vintage 1980s clothes and gear?

I also laugh at who they bring on as "experts". They grabbed two middle eastern looking guys to represent the taliban, and two guys with irish names for the IRA. The IRA had a flamethrower LOL. Talk about a perfect guerrilla weapon. They make each look like they are some formidable super warriors. They picked which rifle is better by the way it "feels in his hands".

my only concern is for those who take this show seriously
        Last edited by DeePsix; 06-01-2009, 08:19 AM.

PR Testing Team: Serious Business.

Comment

Also notice how they made the M16 look like it was jamming for the ruggedness test? While the Irish guy was "firing" it they shook the camera a bit and showed bullets entering the dummies. RPG shooting was also a complete fake.

I also find it funny how they classified a flamethrower has the IRA's primary heavy weapon when they only really used it once, and mainly used the RPG for the rest of the time.

Show is a bit of entertainment, nothing more.

Comment

Nothing like that one show on the History channel that went through each type of martial art, that was true. Anyone remember its name?
            |TG|Ghost02
            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Remember the good old days when the History Channel was nothing but boring ass documentaries with stock footage and some old British guy doing a voice over? Back when they would show complicated orders of battle and maps.

Now it's just a bunch of "Reality" television BULLSHI+

I LIKE MY HISTORY DRY AND LOADED WITH FACTS, NOT LOADED UP WITH SENSATIONALISM, GRAPHICS AND REVISIONISM

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
                Nothing like that one show on the History channel that went through each type of martial art, that was true. Anyone remember its name?
                You talking about what I think was called "Human Weapon"?

Comment

Ballistics knives are as likely to injure the user as they are to injure the target. The show's silly.

Comment

I liked the how the IRA had a slingshot...and still beat the Taliban!
                    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

What is that one show that History Channel had, that gave these random people training in some old army/warrior style, then put then in some little test to see if they could do it?

Comment

Originally posted by LT. Razgriz View Post
                        You talking about what I think was called "Human Weapon"?
                        YES! Very good show!
                        |TG|Ghost02
                        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                          I liked the how the IRA had a slingshot...and still beat the Taliban!

Lol do these guys even have a clue what a gun is?

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

The one I saw was "Mob v. Yakuza" and it was a joke. The mob had all the good weps (Thompson and pump shotty), so they made it more "dramatic" by having the mob guys fumble every time they ran out of bullets after randomly spraying an area rather than, you know, shooting AT the targets. Pfft, after WWII most mob muscle in the US had combat experience, so they're not likely to fumble a mag switch while watching a guy with a sword run at them from dozens of yards away.

I refused to watch the IRA v. Taliban one out of disgust for the sheer tastelessness of the matchup.

IMHO, the show sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tripper View Post
                              IMHO, the show sucks.
                              I'm inclined to agree with you on some of these more specific matchups, especially with modern firearms. Pirate vs Knight, Samurai vs. Viking, Ninja vs. Spartan, etc all great. The show is about watching the dummies get hit with morning stars and axes. They need to stick with it.
                              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...