Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA 2 (6 days in.)

Hi all,
    I am new to this site/community and look forward to speaking/"serving" alongside you in Chernarus soon. Am from the UK so difficult to find good mature folk to play a game how it is meant to be played.

Arma2 is quite obviously designed for MP and having read Dslyecxi's excellent article, I realise I need like minded people and a bit of military discipline to enjoy the experience better.

So any heads up on TG servers for ArmA2 or where to go, only played MP in the Arma2 menu and I believe it is individual hosting? Very slow, bad and fluctuating connection and zero teamwork forced me to search for people to take this seriously(ish).

Anyway , not long till its released in the States so see you soon.

Re: ArmA 2 (6 days in.)

arma2 server will be along shortly!

stay tuned :D

Comment

Welcome aboard Tommo. I'm glad you found TacticalGamer through Dslyecxi's guide. Once you get a taste of the teamwork and mature play style on the TacticalGamer servers you'll wonder how you ever played anywhere else.

We have many community members based in the UK and in the EU. The ARMA 2 servers will be launched very soon and I'm sure will have a steady base of players in short order.

If you have Armed Assault installed now you should come to our existing Tacticalgamer Arma Servers. Everynight there are people on looking to work together cooperatively.

Welcome aboard. Take some time to read the necessary posts about server rules etc and I look forward to seeing you soon.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Welcome man.Make yourself at home.Get ready for a ride of your life!:row__642:
        |TG| Eugene
        sigpic
        Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence-Jeremiah17:7

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys, nice one. I am playing ArmA2 and I'm thinking. . . . there is something missing here . . . . .

Human behaviour and intelligence.

Will anyone ever come up with true AI?

Comment

Originally posted by tommocraig View Post
            Will anyone ever come up with true AI?
            Not unless you can exactly mimic how a human brain actually works, evolves and degenerates, and have a CPU with a capacity of a few Gogolflops - no.

Personally I'm of the opinion that we'll never ever manage to create true AI.

However no one would even want to create a true AI for gaming purposes. It'd take decades to code. The whole point with AI in games is to simulate and mimic human behaviour as well as possible, with as little effort and as few CPU cycles needed as possible.

Comment

Is there a list of people playing arma 2 from TG anywhere?

(I joined forum a while ago but never got round to actually using it, nice to see some of the guys I played arma with are already getting stuck into arma 2 :) )

Comment

There's a thread of people who've bought it in the ArmA 2 discussion subsection. Not everyone but a lot. Just got it today myself.

Comment

Welcome to TG Tommo. Originally born not far from you (Cheshire).

Main ArmA discussion is in the ArmA 2 Subsection (as pointed out by LT. Razgriz).

Once the ArmA 2 server is up and running. Look for any ArmA 2 regular posters and give us a shout on Teamspeak, will be glad to show you the ropes.
                  sigpic
                  | |
                  TG ArmA Pathfinder
                  One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

Well the Pink Shirt gave in and I bought it over STEAM.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                    The BigC

Comment

:D How do you like it?
                      |TG|Ghost02
                      TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Hmm, I assume you guys will still have the ArmA ACE servers running even with the release of ArmA 2?
                        sigpic

Comment

welcome Sakuya...yes...both servers are running the ACE Mod.
                          sigpic
                          |TG-1st|Grunt
                          ARMA Admin (retired)
                          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Cheers buccaneer, hope to speak to you all soon in game.

Hope to get my Q6600 this week, woop,woop.

Hope someone mods Brit soldiers, I get all nostalgic.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X