Still play ArmA 1?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still play ArmA 1?

I'm really interested in getting the first Armed Assault, but when I look at the server list it looks like the servers are all ArmA 2. Do you guys still have a used ArmA 1 server? This might decide wether or not I get the game, because it kinda sounds like TG would be the only good server to play on (if there are any up at all?)

Thanks! -Industrial

Re: Still play ArmA 1?

Also: sorry for the double post but noone has replied yet: another question; I may be getting a TRUE gaming computer that isn't the 2.19 GHz HP Pavilion I have right now.. But from what I see most of the pre-built gaming rigs come with Windows Vista, and from what I've read Armed Assault can't be played with Vista? I don't know alot about the differences to XP and Vista, are most XP-playable games not compatable with Vista? I haven't played a game yet that doesn't let me play because I'm running windows XP. But I don't really know alot about computers, so any information would be nice!

ALSO: Quick thing: this is the computer I'm wanting to get (h t t p://(worldwideweb)cyberpowerpc(dot)com/system/Intel_Core_2_Duo_Configurator), But I don't know if building one with all those specs would be cheaper. (my dad is a computer guy so he'd probably be able to build it if I found good prices for the parts.)

Any suggestions would be nice, I don't even have the money for this computer but I'm slowly trying to persuade my dad to think about upgrading my system or something.

THANKS AGAIN!

Comment

TG still has the ability to run arma servers, but atm they are focusing and amra2.

I think you will find that most servers now will be ported over to arma2

Comment

Arma 1 died shortly before Arma 2 came out in my view

Comment

Well, thanks for the information, though I expected it I'm still a little saddened. (my computer can't handle ArmA 2). Anything to my other questions though? Thanks. =)

Comment

Don't worry Industrial, you are not alone in this :p

Regarding a new PC, it's cheaper to buy the parts and assemble it for your self, for sure. But you have to spend some time reading what's coming out and when, if there are going to be price cuts in some products, etc. you'll want to do the correct choices.

You have a nice forum here a TG about hardware news:http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...re-discussion/

If you post there and ask for help, I'm sure that allot of people will aid you.
            sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Furthermore, if you'd like to set up an ArmA1 scheduled event, come up with a date and time (please avoid Sunday afternoons at the moment - conflicts with previously scheduled events) and spread the word - I'm sure we can get enough ArmA1 players to get a good turnout.
              BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Originally posted by BarnacleofDoom View Post
                Furthermore, if you'd like to set up an ArmA1 scheduled event, come up with a date and time (please avoid Sunday afternoons at the moment - conflicts with previously scheduled events) and spread the word - I'm sure we can get enough ArmA1 players to get a good turnout.
                I'm in :)
                sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Well, I don't actually have the game. I changed my mind against buying it if I can save a little extra money up for upgradeable parts instead of buying a game nearly everyone has deserted. Plus if I get a better/upgraded computer than I can buy ArmA2 and play with you guys on the newer,better game.

I'll look into that hardware section, I'm trying to get my dad a bit interested in what I'm doing without him getting frustrated. (He always tries to get around my conversations when I'm looking into something new for computers.)

Anyways, thanks for the feedback and suggestions! :)

Comment

Sometimes I wish my eyes would just pass over stuff I don't want to see... For instance that that 8600gt GeForce card I bought for $120 is now $49.99 at the same store!

Found out it's basically hopeless that I'm going to upgrade or get a new computer any time soon, due to having no money, and my parents having no money either.

Anyways, looked at some cool ebay deals, but it's just a hopeless cause for now.

Comment

We're stilling playing Arma 1 occasionally at my place since we like some of the old haunts and units. When more inf models and mods ported over to A2 (Vietnam, IDF, brits, Taliban, ACE2 etc) then maybe not.

Comment

ARMA 1? Sure... and next time you get sick, would you like me to put leaches on your legs and bleed you some to get you better???!! ArmA 2 Man! Move on to the new!

seriously though... get leave ArmA 1 in the dust. ArmA 2 is waaayyy better, graphically, net code, animations, weapons, vehicles.. in many, many ways.
                        Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Well, that hardly made sense at all to me, but to let you know i've said multiple times my computer can't handle ArmA2

Comment

Industrial...try running the ArmA2 free demo....just see how your machine runs, you may be surprised. I run off a laptop in ArmA2, while not truly superb and I have all my settings on normal, I am able to run 1400x900, high quality relatively smoothly...

Give the demo a go then decide if your rig can handle it or not..
                            BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

I tried it when it first came out.. It was very choppy and had an ugly blur to it. I don't know what my settings were though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X