Mission tip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission tip

I'm working on the singleplayer conquest and I'm in a snipermission where I'm supposed to climb a watertower. The tower does not have a ladder and I cannot find a way to get on top of it. Anyone have the same problem?

Edit: I must have hit a bug. AltTabbing out of the game and realoading the mission suddenly gave the watertower a ladder and struts and everything. It seems that there is a problem/bug where an objects properties is not always loaded as they should.
    Last edited by PanzerHans; 12-09-2006, 08:06 AM.
    --
    VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Re: Mission tip

Maybe the ladder had battery powered cloaking technology and the battery ran out while you were alt tabbed.

Comment

So let me get this straight on the mission builder.

Can you make three or four different types of the same missions, each having variations that keep the “map” varied and add to replay value?

What I mean is creating three or four different types of a coop map and having them randomly played.

“insert title of mission here, Alpha.”
      “insert title of mission here, Bravo.”
      “insert title of mission here, Charlie.”

Note, when the mission is loading on the screen these three names are not shown, only “insert title of mission here.”

The purpose for those gaming is to have a varied experience. Forcing them to play the mission on instinct rather what they now what will happen.

Doing this will not put too much work on the builder ( I hope). The map is pretty much the same but certain aspects are different.
      Such as, enemy numbers and placement. This alone can be simply done
      (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
      (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
      (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
      Squad Leader pledge to their team:
      Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

I am working on a mission were at the end the squad meets at a specfic place in a town.

I would like the mission to end when

A. When all the survivors of the team reaches the "sweet" spot.

Is this possible?

I do not want one person (on point) going into the marker while the rest of the squad is meters and meters away and the mission ending.

Killing all the enemy bots is not the objective, so no matter how many are left, the end will be trigger when those left in the squad are in the point of distination.

I am willing to compromise and have just the SL (team leader) be the only one to be able to end the mission. This will allow more options for him/her to leave wounded behind.

Thanks champs.

Comment

Just how long does it take to make a good 1-2 hour mission?

Comment

Is it true that you can mod the enemy and friendles so that they appear in civilian garb?

You know, have shorts and sandles on, but still be able to carry a rifle?

Thanks for your time?

Comment

Rick,

Yes you can have the civilians act hostile toward your side. A good one to two hour mission??? I don't know...I don't think I've made one yet...LOL

I'll let you know!!! still trying.

Chappie

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

O.k. prepare for the worst.

From what I am understanding, ArmA CTI is not at the same quality as OFP CTI. Furthermore, the pick up and play potential is not very appealing to the regular TG crowd.

Would it be possible to design a human vs human coop mission that resembles what we, TG, would like in a 32vs32 human vs human pick-up and play game.

There would be three aspects to this

1. Unit Structure. When someone joins the game, they pick a role by clicking on the position they want.

They could click on CO, or Medic (granted, there are will only be a few medics). They could click on being a SL of a squad. You get the idea. I suppose there would be 32 slots to pick from, with about 1/3 of them the same (grunts).

2. The layout of what weapons and or vehicles will be available, and or what does it take to win would need to be sound. This could resemble the current CTI with some logical changes. Do not worry about trying to duplicate the CTI, thinking of something that is realistic and would have good "pick-up play" is what we need.
                  Will it be the Corp vs. SLA, or will the RACS be thrown in?

3. How many bots will there be. This would add a lot of depth to it.

________

So in conclusion, IMO, the current CTI is nearly not playable here at TG because of our need for a coordinated team structure.
                  I believe our own 32vs32 pick up game should be created via the coop mission developer.
                  This coop mission would replace the CTI mode and be running all the time.

PS, the cool thing is, someone has probably already made a great one already and I do not even know it.

And please give feedback for this. For example, if you heard the CTI is going to be completly differnt for the U.S. release, please post that.

Comment

I am intersted in designing a mission where there are two differnt squads.

Squad 1

Squad 2.

I would like to set it up so that Squad 1 can use their own green voip channel, and for squad 2 to use their own voip channel.

Would it be possible to do this? What I am worried about is both squads being on the same channel when they talk.

Thanks Champs.

Comment

The channel you're in determines who can hear you. The other person doesn't have to be in the same channel. It works exactly the same as the text chat.

For instance, if you type when on vehicle channel, only guys in your vehicle with see your text.

Therefore, if you push talk and are in Group channel, only people in your group will be able to hear you.

I only hope VOIP will be fixed by the US release, because in the demo it seems broken ususally.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X