Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just a CTI idea...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • just a CTI idea...

    Apophis, or anyone else in the know...

    What about setting the server up tonight for a large scale, included CTI mission, so we can see how it works...since it's join in progress, I would assume that you can come and go as needed... Just set it for a long time period if so.

    Just wondering, of course I'll be on around 6 or 7 PM Eastern for whatever gaming we decided on, CTI or co-op... or strip poker, OK...not that last one...too many guys involved, not enough women. lol ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|


    We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.


  • #2
    Re: just a CTI idea...

    I can't wait to try CTI, OFP CTI was great.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: just a CTI idea...

      I'll be on tonight for CTI,COOP or whatever.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: just a CTI idea...

        Never played OFP, what is CTI?
        It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: just a CTI idea...

          Capture The Island!!! You capture key cities and bases around the island. You get money for killing people and capturing cities. Everytime you die you have to re-arm yourself buy using the money for guns, ammo, AI troops (you control your own AI squad), vehicles, heli's, airplanes etc.

          You start out on foot and as they build up you home base you start to get vechicles and cool toys as the factories are completed. The games last for hours and I mean hours....
          Last edited by Turbo; 12-10-2006, 03:17 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: just a CTI idea...

            That sounds completely awesome. Dallas plays the late game though... LOL
            It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: just a CTI idea...

              Sure! I'll get the config switched over momentarily to the CTI rotation.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: just a CTI idea...

                OMG... i never knew OFP had this kind of gamemode. I think I might have to go with the german version soon as I won't be able to wait. This might have just tipped the scales for me.


                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: just a CTI idea...

                  I'm thinking about kicking the server back to CTI mode this evening so we can give it another shot. I'd love to see it early on when you actually have the ability to purchase assets and such!
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: just a CTI idea...

                    Originally posted by Turbo View Post
                    Capture The Island!!! You capture key cities and bases around the island. You get money for killing people and capturing cities. Everytime you die you have to re-arm yourself buy using the money for guns, ammo, AI troops (you control your own AI squad), vehicles, heli's, airplanes etc.

                    You start out on foot and as they build up you home base you start to get vechicles and cool toys as the factories are completed. The games last for hours and I mean hours....
                    After reading this, I immediately downloaded MFCTI. Even though I've only played a couple hours with bots, there's definitely potential for some epic battles. It might also be good for those people with limited play time, if you can join in the middle of a big battle, play for a little while, then leave while the battle keeps raging. Too bad my computer can't handle ArmA.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: just a CTI idea...

                      Originally posted by Barracuda_Magoo View Post
                      After reading this, I immediately downloaded MFCTI. Even though I've only played a couple hours with bots, there's definitely potential for some epic battles.
                      I love that game mode, the battles are epic.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: just a CTI idea...

                        Im an OFP noob what is MF capture the Island?? I mean I know the cti part, but what is MF??? I want to be in some epic battles!! so is the server set up as of 12-16-06?? i'll get on today after work

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: just a CTI idea...

                          Originally posted by michael View Post
                          Im an OFP noob what is MF capture the Island?? I mean I know the cti part, but what is MF??? I want to be in some epic battles!! so is the server set up as of 12-16-06?? i'll get on today after work
                          It's a variation of Capture the Island in OFP. There's MFCTI, CrCTI, ZeusCTI, and a bunch of other ones. Each has a slightly different approach to things, and some are more fun than others.

                          The CTI experience is something that's fun to screw around with, and it's good for 'pick-up' play with people you may or may not be familiar with, but the general issue with it is that it ends up being pretty unstructured and is very hit-or-miss as to whether it's ultimately satisfying or not. I personally don't enjoy CTI, but that's because I have a group that I can play really nice cooperative and adversarial missions with. I've found the coop/adv stuff to be more focused, more intense, and ultimately a better time investment than CTI, but that's not to say that CTI isn't a lot of fun for other people.

                          CTI is also a good way to learn how to fight with various weapons, vehicles, etc due to the respawning aspect of it (that same respawning element is what lowers the tension and thrill in my eyes). Depending on the CTI variant, you can fill up your squad with AI-controlled tanks, trucks, infantry, etc that cost money to purchase. You get money based on how many towns your team holds, how much of the income from that is given to the team (versus the commander, who buys buildings and stuff like an RTS), what you kill, etc. I don't know what the ArmA CTI supports by default, but IIRC it's a bit less robust than the old OFP CTI's. The OFP CTI's will be ported to ArmA in due time, though, so no worries there. They'll also doubtlessly be refined in the process, and one of these days I might actually find it to be a compelling gametype. :)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: just a CTI idea...

                            Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                            It's a variation of Capture the Island in OFP. There's MFCTI, CrCTI, ZeusCTI, and a bunch of other ones. Each has a slightly different approach to things, and some are more fun than others.

                            The CTI experience is something that's fun to screw around with, and it's good for 'pick-up' play with people you may or may not be familiar with, but the general issue with it is that it ends up being pretty unstructured and is very hit-or-miss as to whether it's ultimately satisfying or not. I personally don't enjoy CTI, but that's because I have a group that I can play really nice cooperative and adversarial missions with. I've found the coop/adv stuff to be more focused, more intense, and ultimately a better time investment than CTI, but that's not to say that CTI isn't a lot of fun for other people.

                            CTI is also a good way to learn how to fight with various weapons, vehicles, etc due to the respawning aspect of it (that same respawning element is what lowers the tension and thrill in my eyes). Depending on the CTI variant, you can fill up your squad with AI-controlled tanks, trucks, infantry, etc that cost money to purchase. You get money based on how many towns your team holds, how much of the income from that is given to the team (versus the commander, who buys buildings and stuff like an RTS), what you kill, etc. I don't know what the ArmA CTI supports by default, but IIRC it's a bit less robust than the old OFP CTI's. The OFP CTI's will be ported to ArmA in due time, though, so no worries there. They'll also doubtlessly be refined in the process, and one of these days I might actually find it to be a compelling gametype. :)

                            Do we know for sure what the retail Armed Assault CTI will be like with the U.S. release?

                            Just want to have an idea how much differnt it will be from the demo.

                            In the demo it has "Hire" Soilders. I did not get what that meant until reading that money is invovled. This adds a new dynamic to the mode.

                            There is a commander? In the demo, there is not.

                            I hope CTI does well, but without a sound unit structure it seems like it would be pockets of fighting here and there and not the entire unit acting as one.

                            I do not know. Hell, I guess I should get the retail and find out.
                            (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                            (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                            (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

                            Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                            Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                            Commander pledge to their SL:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: just a CTI idea...

                              The ArmA CTI mode isn't the same as OFP CTI at all. It seems like a dumbed down version. There isn't a commander to build assets. You hire your soldiers and all the vehicles/aircraft is available immediately.

                              Plus, you have to capture ALL the bases in order to win. It'll be very difficult to win with two human controlled sides. It seems to be suited for a persistant world that has an epic battle going back and forth.

                              - It's who you game with.

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X