Mission 1: Convoy Ambush (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission 1: Convoy Ambush (SPOILERS)

I must be completely newb, but I can't beat this mission. At most I take out the leading vehicle and a truck before I get waxed. I've even tried firing and repositioning. What's the trick?
    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Re: Mission 1: Convoy Ambush

Set one mine 30m past the ambush marker. Set three satchel charges in a line following the road encompassing the ambush marker. Let the first APC hit the mine. Touch off the satchel charges destroying at least the troop carrying transport. Hit the final APC with an M136. Use the M136 to mop up anything left. You won't have to fire your M4 once.
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Re: Mission 1: Convoy Ambush (SPOILERS)

lol. I had no idea I had mines or satchel charges. My guess is they are in the truck?
      It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

They are in the truck. The default action is rearm, but you can scroll the mouse wheel to access other options. In this case you want to go to the back of the truck and select "gear".

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

LOL @ fldash.... thanks for asking this... I was having the same issues. :D
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

truck or no truck, gear or no gear...satchel charges, mines...none of it helps me, oh well.

lol

Comment

Glad to see I'm not the only one struggling :)

Comment

First you must gear up with three mines and couple of satchel charges. Drive to ambush point and plant a mine then run up the road a few yards and plant another mine and same again for the third mine.Get back in vehicle and drive a mile or so down the road and pull off the road to hide the vehicle,run up the road a little way and plant one satchel charge. Wait for enemy vehicle and blow the charge.Drive another mile or so and plant another satchel charge,wait and blow.Continue to do the above until you have no charges left and then if you have to, use your M136 to finish off the enemy vehicles.
                  If you are lucky you may be able to take out the patrol jeep crew with your rifle.Once your OJECTIVE is achieved drive back along the road towards the pick up point.Note sometimes it may be necessary to drive back along the road to take out the final enemy truck because it is stuck behind fallen trees or burned out vehicles.Just keep trying this method until you realise the way it is done.

Comment

Guys...keep practicing..Driv and Tybalt have the right idea. Once I found out about resupplying at the truck it took me some time to realize I needed to drive the truck too...ahh duh...It's lots of fun when it's successful.
                    sigpic
                    |TG-1st|Grunt
                    ARMA Admin (retired)
                    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

OK, everything is blown up, i drive out to the extraction point, ...and the chopper gets shot down. mission failed. ooook, what now?

or...

if the chopper makes it, it flies over me, and lands. even if i jump in, it still fails as i fly off. ><

Comment

There are a couple of OPFOR soldiers around your extraction point Shadow. Before calling the Helo in for extraction. Locate and eliminate OPFOR soldiers.

Also make sure you were not tailed by enemy UAZ (with MG mounted).

O/C call in the Helo and extract.
                        sigpic
                        | |
                        TG ArmA Pathfinder
                        One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

Usefull tip: you can try and run the enemy soldiers over with your cool multi-use pickup truck instead of going on foot and trying to locate them...

I did this as I was a newb and couldn't find the guys in the middle of the woods for nothing, so I just drove around till i found them, and since they were occupied shooting at the Hawk, running them over was piece of cake...

And I remember killing just one soldier, then getting inside the Hawk
                          |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Well...

One more newb question. I can't seem to get the mines armed or the satchel charges to stay on the ground or the road. Is there an instruction booklet on how to set and arm various items?

I didn't see it in the game manual I have.

Thanks,
                            slo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...