Improvised Explosive Device Script

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improvised Explosive Device Script

Feel free to use this in mission making when you need something to blow up. I've been told the weapon that causes the "huge" explosion can cuse crashes in network games so be careful with that one.

Demo mission included, here's the ReadMe:

Improvised Explosive Device Script v1.1
    Author: Jeevz 12/12/2006

This script makes things blow up. Send it two arguments, the object you want to blow up and
    the size of the explosion. Sizes available are Small, Medium, Large and Huge.

The included demo mission offers a brief example of the script.

example [car1, "Medium"] exec ied.sqs

The ammo types in the script can be changed easily to suit your needs.

http://rapidshare.com/files/7263728/IEDScript.rar.html

* I can't post urls yet so if you'll have to copy & paste
    Last edited by Apophis; 12-13-2006, 08:19 AM.

Re: Improvised Explosive Device Script

Hey jeevz,,

sounds really cool bro!!!! Thanks for making the script. I'll give it a go tonight after work!!

EDIT: jeevz...I think the included readme is for a different script..Kronzky's Urban patrol script???

thanks,
    Chappie

Comment

Jeevz, Do I have permission to move that to a more-accessible download location?
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Let me fix it, so the correct readme is in there, I also have a different explosion to test for one of the sizes. I'll fix it this evening and then you can put it wherever you'd like :)

Comment

Here's the one with the correct readme (oops)

rapidshare.com/files/7311926/IEDScript.rar.html

Comment

http://www.rapidshare.com/files/7311...cript.rar.html

awesome work, cant wait to actually try this out
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Excellent. I'm going to actually make a page within TG to download the various ArmA add-ons and scripts that we collect and/or develop. This would be a great addition to start off that list! Just let me know when I'm good to add it!

Comment

As long as it's easy for you to change out you can add it now. I have an idea to differentiate between the levels of explosion better but I won't be able to try it til tonight.

Comment

Here's my little tribute to Jeevz's... great job dude, with guys working behind the lines on AA like you, AA is going to be big real soon...

http://www.tacticsandteamwork.com/Vi...7;20Script.wmv

;)
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Cool vid Magnum, did ya hang around to kill those damn insurgents?

Comment

Just wondering if you had any links to help mod AA. Or if there is anything you use to do it, like languages or stuff that we could learn to help get this ball going
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                        Here's my little tribute to Jeevz's... great job dude, with guys working behind the lines on AA like you, AA is going to be big real soon...

http://www.tacticsandteamwork.com/Vi...7;20Script.wmv

;)
                        I couldn't tell from the video, but is the IED visible on the map as an object/box/whatever? Or is it totally hidden? Can the IED be detonated with small arms fire or grenades?

Comment

Currently the IED is totally hidden or just attached to an object in the world. For demonstration purposes, the IED spawns into the lead Humvee in that mission to make sure it gets destroyed.

Right now the script will blow up anything, last night in testing, I made IED's, tripwire style anti-personnel booby traps, truck/car bombs and even suicide bombers.

A mission where you are scouting for IED's and eliminating them would be a good idea but making them able to be destroyed will be a bit more involved, I will look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
                            Just wondering if you had any links to help mod AA. Or if there is anything you use to do it, like languages or stuff that we could learn to help get this ball going
                            The BI forums are a good place
                            flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?
                            ofpec.com (OFP Editing Center)
                            community.bistudio.com/wiki/Main_Page (BIS "Biki")

I just use the editor and notepad for mission making, mod tools for ArmA have not been released yet. The language used to write scripts is BI's own, it has some similarities to the web scripting languages I use at work everyday (PHP, ASP, Perl, Javascript, etc.) and good old BASIC with it's "goto" commands.

Comment

Awesome script there Jeevz!

I actually jumped a bit when the vehicle hit the IED in the vid.

Can you imagine the psychological impact of unexpectedly hitting one of those in game?

Nice stuff! :icon14:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X