Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fix for The Great Battle SP campaign mission? (minor spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix for The Great Battle SP campaign mission? (minor spoilers)

Hi all,

I posted this over at the BIS forums, too.

If anyone here is playing the SP campaign, and can't get the Great Battle mission to complete:

I disliked not being able to finish the Great Battle mission without using endmission, so I un-pbo'd the campaign, and poked around in this mission. I noticed that the trigger for switching to the counter-attack on the east base is:

Code:
    expCond="(((count units e1)+(count units e2)+(count units e3)+(count units e4)) < 5) && hlaskajsoutu==1";

I believe the problem is that there is no group e4. e1 and e3 are groups of T-72s; e2 is a group of BMPs; but if you search the mission.sqm for e4, the condition above is the only reference.

I changed the condition to:

Code:
    expCond="(((count units e1)+(count units e2)+(count units e3)) < 5) && hlaskajsoutu==1";

and the mission worked fine. After I destroyed the last BMP, I got a radio message to attack the east base. I went over there, blew up the armor, and got the mission complete.

If you want to fix your own campaign:
    1. Get a pbo utility (e.g. download Kegety's ArmA Tools in the download section at Armed Assault Zone)
    2. Go to \ArmA\Campaigns\
    3. Back up your ca.pbo! Make a copy, call it ca.orig.pbo
    4. Un-pbo ca.pbo
    5. Open the file \ArmA\Campaigns\ca\Missions\08Gryphons.Sara\missio n.sqm in a text editor
    6. Search for "e4" -- you should see the first line of code above. Replace with the second line of code.
    7. Re-pbo the ca directory.

I'm running the Sprocket CZ 1.02 version. The usual disclaimers apply: try this at your own risk. Be sure to back up ca.pbo!

If this was the problem, it doesn't say much for the playtesting. Next up -- poking around in Armored Fist...

Please try this out and let me know if it works.

Thanks,
    LR

Re: Fix for The Great Battle SP campaign mission? (minor spoilers)

Cool Ill have to try that out when I get to the mission.

Comment

hello,
      I live in france so excuse my english.

i have the same problem and i do yours explanations, but it's similar.

first question : Do I must delete the first line (code original) or i can additional both ?.

me i had deleted the first and paste the second code.

second question :

I kill the T72 and the bmp, but nothing. Can you explain me what i must doing exactly. I must landing or not ? Kill the shilka etc.? Thank for your reply.
      I have the German version 1.02

Comment

Welcome aboard Diligence. Glad to see you and hope you can join us more in the upcoming weeks as we ramp up to the UK release
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I just cheated my way through that one.

Hit shift plus "-" on your numpad at the same time then type "endmission"

I've completed the campaign and can safely say it was comically bad. There were a few decent missions but scripting bugs galore.

Comment

thanks for all, but "shift"+"-" do nothing.
            what name is, on the controls options?

I try all the button and i can't tape "endmission" somewhere.

In fifteen days we get the european version and i hope the game will be right with no bugs..

Comment

it's ok now i understand.
              Thank

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...