Guarding captives?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guarding captives?

Has anybody had any success getting the AI to guard enemy captives without freaking out? I've got a little script for the captives to make them behave correctly, but the guards always freak out and go into combat mode.

It's kind of funny to watch them announce with surprise 'Enemy pilot, 50 meters!' and then go prone next to the people they're supposed to be guarding. Funny, but not quite the effect I'm aiming for.

Re: Guarding captives?

Hey jep,

Try this link: BI Forums Post: POW Mission?

Where I found this:

2) there is a commnad called 'setcaptive' and it can be used as follows

<name of hostage> setcaptive true

then, the hostage will not be shot by eitherside
    If you weren't already aware, the Bohemia Interactive Forums are THE place to find anything about OFP/Armed Assault. Under the main directory is a forum called 'Mission Editing & Scripting'. Should be able to find what you need there.
    |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

On second thought...I don't think I gave you the answer you needed.

Is there a way in Armed Assault to set the guard's posture to "Safe" as opposed to "combat"? Maybe that will work.
      |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

I've found on my POW mission that putting

this setCaptive true;

into the init field of the unit works like a charm. The AI guards just ignore the captives.

I am also working on a "join" script for the POWs if the player gets within 25 meters if you need to see that let me know.

Comment

Turning captive mode on is part of my script. I also take away their weapons and have them sit down. But my guards don't seem to ignore them? The problem I'm having isn't the guards shooting the captives, they just immediately start spotting the captives and go into combat mode (they're initially set to SAFE).

It sounds like I'm the only one having this issue so it's probably something subtle.

Also, captive mode is really useful for general mission debugging purposes. I've been using it really heavily while developing my air defense scripts. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X