TvT Objective Missions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TvT Objective Missions

Some TvT Objective missions are currently available here, but they all involve a 20-minute time limit.

Is anyone working on missions of this sort? It would be great to see some that are more involved and last longer than 20 minutes.

Re: TvT Objective Missions

I'd really like to see a TvT Air Cav mission.. Where one group is tasked with holding an ovjective (village, town, camp, city..) and the other with assaulting it. The defenders would be limited to the objective area, but would have an advatage of spawning somewhat close to the area, but not in it. The attackers would respawn back at base and require transport to the front, but would be able to carry out whatever kind of attack they could think up and would have the advantage of suprise (if planned carefully).

It'd probably be fairly easy to make for someone with a little mission editing experience.
    TG Regular
    TGU Staff
    ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
    Evil Koala
    LeftSkidLow

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Koala View Post
      I'd really like to see a TvT Air Cav mission.. Where one group is tasked with holding an ovjective (village, town, camp, city..) and the other with assaulting it. The defenders would be limited to the objective area, but would have an advatage of spawning somewhat close to the area, but not in it. The attackers would respawn back at base and require transport to the front, but would be able to carry out whatever kind of attack they could think up and would have the advantage of suprise (if planned carefully).
      Agreed. A variation on this could be a scenario involving the destruction/protection of the main bridges in Corazol. If I remember correctly, there are at least two (perhaps three) bridges on the main east-west road through Corazol.

BlueFor could start at the Paraiso Airfield with the objective of protecting the bridges. They'd have access to helicopters and light ground vehicles. OpFor would be tasked with the destruction of the bridges; they'd start at Bagango and have access to armor and light ground vehicles. If OpFor destroyed the bridges, they'd win. If BlueFor protected the bridges until "reinforcements" arrived (maybe an hour?) -- or perhaps some other condition, such as the onset of dawn/dusk -- they'd win.

Comment

With regards to one team defending and one side assaulting:

Would it be possible to have a gentlman's agreement to allow the defenders to set up their defense for a few minutes? Do not know how that can be done with coding.

Should not be a problem with TG vs TG.

The reason I write this is because with BF2, the defenders were always at a disadvantage to the Blitz on the initial deployment. Meaning they never could get dug in.

PS, great thread.
        (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
        (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
        (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
        Squad Leader pledge to their team:
        Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_the_new_guy View Post
          With regards to one team defending and one side assaulting:

Would it be possible to have a gentlman's agreement to allow the defenders to set up their defense for a few minutes? Do not know how that can be done with coding.
          I'd rather see these conditions built into the mission. If, through testing, it's seen that the defenders do not have enough time to get set up, then perhaps the attackers' start location(s) could be moved further away from the objective. Or, perhaps the attackers could be given a preliminary objective(s) to complete before they can begin their attack, such as rallying multiple attack groups from disparate starting locations, or bringing armor/demolitions from a rear base to a staging area.

Comment

Originally posted by Strag View Post
            I'd rather see these conditions built into the mission. If, through testing, it's seen that the defenders do not have enough time to get set up, then perhaps the attackers' start location(s) could be moved further away from the objective. Or, perhaps the attackers could be given a preliminary objective(s) to complete before they can begin their attack, such as rallying multiple attack groups from disparate starting locations, or bringing armor/demolitions from a rear base to a staging area.
            Or starting all the infantry off way off target.. maybe a 'bad drop' or something.. So they'll require transport back to the airport for refitting before being redeployed to the objective. That should provide plenty of time.
            TG Regular
            TGU Staff
            ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
            Evil Koala
            LeftSkidLow

Comment

The missions I have been working on for almost a month now has a server setting that an admin can select between a 30 minute and 2 hour contest :)

I'm also experimenting with a "Setup" phase that kills players during a countdown that leave the "Base". This would allow a team to get organized in-game before embarking on the mission. This could easily be adapted to keep the assualting team at-bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
                The missions I have been working on for almost a month now has a server setting that an admin can select between a 30 minute and 2 hour contest :)
                Great news! Thanks, Shiner.

Comment

Originally posted by Strag View Post
                  Great news! Thanks, Shiner.
                  Thanks, I went ahead and posted my script to a thread here:
                  http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...tml#post641554

I tried to keep it simple and its possible we could edit existing/non-tg maps to include this if desired as well as change game lengths as needed.

Comment

Thing are sounding awesome. I can't wait to get the English version and join all of you. These T vs. T scenarios sound like a lot of fun, and ones that we could replay many times. Great work! (and thanks)

Comment

Originally posted by boudreux View Post
                      Thing are sounding awesome. I can't wait to get the English version and join all of you. These T vs. T scenarios sound like a lot of fun, and ones that we could replay many times. Great work! (and thanks)
                      Indeed. TvT should be right on the money.

This should be were all the fun/action is coming from.

I look forward to helping out with the gameplay in a few short weeks.
                      (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                      (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                      (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                      Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                      Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement