Coop 16 Secure Corazol by Strag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coop 16 Secure Corazol by Strag

I told TheBigC I wasn't going to get into mission editing for ArmA. I started tinkering with the editor, though, and now it's all gone to hell. ;)

I've been working on the first beta version of my first ArmA mission (what we played last night, for those of you who playtested it). I haven't learned about triggers yet, so the mission objectives aren't active; you can complete the mission, but the game won't tell you that you've completed the mission. Also, if you check it out in the editor, you'll see I did some goofy things with some of the waypoints (I'm learning), but they get the job done. I'll probably clean these up and use triggers instead, once I learn their use.

More to come.

If interested, please offer feedback. Thanks.
    Last edited by Strag; 02-15-2007, 01:14 PM.

Re: Coop 12 Corazol South Docks by Strag

If you need a little big of help finishing it, catch me online and I can walk you through polishing ir or adding the ending...
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
      If you need a little big of help finishing it, catch me online and I can walk you through polishing ir or adding the ending...
      Thanks, BigC. I will look for you on Teamspeak in the next day or two. I got two of the three objectives working correctly tonight using triggers, and I cleaned up some other stuff as well. I need to figure out how I want to do the third objective, so hopefully we can chat about that. Then I'll add the ending and be about done, I think.

Mission creation for ArmA is a lot of fun. :icon14:

EDIT: Oh yeah -- I threw the latest version on our ArmA Coop server. If you're bored, give it a spin.

Comment

I'm starting to come to the realization that the reason that noone is on the server during the week is because you are all making missions! Play, damnit!

Though I do like putting hundreds of civilians on the airfield and then making strafing runs with the little bird. :)

Comment

Originally posted by BHack View Post
          I'm starting to come to the realization that the reason that noone is on the server during the week....
          The "usual suspects" are typically on at least a few nights during the week. If you know you're gonna be on, throw up a quick post in the ArmA forum. I know I'll join, and maybe I can solicit some feedback on the mission du jour. ;)

Comment

BigC, I forgot to mention that I added that sniper/spotter team we'd talked about. The spotter carries a suppressed M4, and the sniper carries an M24. I figured you'd feel at home in one of those spots. ;)

I guess this mission is now Coop 14 instead of Coop 12.

Comment

Re: Coop 14 Corazol South Docks by Strag

Mission updated again on our Coop server. It's in the missions list as 30: Secure Corazol (Coop 14).

The objectives should all work now, as well as an ending. Now it's just down to polish.

Comment

Crap, apparently I stumbled across a documented bug with the editor in the German version. If you try to add a sound Unit, it generates an error about a missing texture every time you try to load the map (including when it's on the server). So when you see this error upon mapload, simply click "OK" and move past it. It has no effect on how the mission plays.

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next patch.
                Last edited by Strag; 02-15-2007, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Hey guys long time no see. Glad to hear the missions up and running Strag I'll try it out later when i get more time. I tried to DL the mission from your first post but it takes me to a screen with info on TG but I saw no link for the mission. I'll try to get it from the server, i just found this post so maybe you took it down for update.

Works been nuts plus I have to admit the CTD things finally started to get to me. Hard to get motivated to log into game knowing the CTD crap storm that awaits me but I should be online more after patch.

If your getting into mission making more I have one thats not nearly finished no scripts waypoints or anything of that nature. Its a map but a pretty detailed area of a coastline geared for the creation of an amphibious assault type senario. I'm sure I will have no time to bring it to life any time soon so if you guys wanna take a look and build on it and make it have at it. No web space though I guess I'd have to email it. Anyways see ya in game.

Adv

Comment

Originally posted by Vitriol/Adv
                    I tried to DL the mission from your first post but it takes me to a screen with info on TG but I saw no link for the mission.
                    Adv, yeah, I updated the mission but not the original link. Good catch. You can grab the latest version from here.

If you want to send one of us your mission, somebody might take it and run with it. :)
                    Last edited by Strag; 02-20-2007, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Good stuff strag finally had a chance to try it out in single player. Really liked it, the civilians and traffic in town gives the impression of a real city. Didn't have time to really delve into it as much as I wanted. I'll try it again tommorow morning before I go in to cover for my &%^*% boss. Funny how he always becomes ill on sundays when theres nice weather.

There was a framerate reduction because of everything happening but my systems crap honestly I'd be a bad benchmark. It was still playable I imagine its something you covered in testing. I was running it alone to just kinda look around I'm sure it would be better as intended with a group online. I might be reverse engeneering this one to see if I can finally figure out how to add objectives. i'll open it up in the editor and look at that and the INT fields, should help.

Adv

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, Adv! I also get a bit of chop when running the mission locally on my machine, but then again I get a bit of chop when I run just about any other mission locally on my machine. ;) It seems to run smoothly on a dedicated server, though.

I have more things to tweak and polish, and I need to finalize the ending. I'm thinking about having this be the first of a series of missions; if so, I need to decide how to lead into the next mission.

Comment

The mission is hard, but I like it. Well, right now all missions are hard.

I really really think we need to get that AI precision down to a more manageable level.

Comment

Re: Coop 13 Corazol South Docks by Strag

Another update is on the server. Streamlined and cleaned up some more.
                            Last edited by Strag; 03-05-2007, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Re: Coop 13 Corazol South Docks by Strag

The first completed version is ready for testing. It's on our Coop server and listed in the missions list as TG-ST1: Secure Corazol (Coop 13) t4.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X