Armed Assault Editing Resources

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Assault Editing Resources

As we find editing resources for Armed Assault (and also those from Operation Flashpoint that pertain to Armed Assault), let's post links to them in this thread. It shouldn't take long for us to assemble a handy base of editing knowledge.

Originally posted by houdini View Post
    This is from a pretty hard core OFP Mission Editing Tutorial, called OpFlash Uber Editor Tutorial (PDF).

Re: Armed Assault Editing Resources

Since we are adding resources, here are a couple I use:

CHOFPSE - An excellent tool for making scripts and it has a great Mission Briefing Wizard that cuts down on allot of work. Plus there is a option for quick script generation.

OFP Miison Development Enviroment - A suit of tools like a program that compiles/decompiles the actual PBO files. A script editor. And most a tool that actually hightlights variable in scripts and SQMs and tells you what to edit. It also gives a breakdown of the files based on the Mission, Intro, OutroWin, and OutroLoose.

I have a couple other tools but that is all you need to make a complete mission.

Of course, this is all after you create the base mission in the standard Editor ingame.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

BigC, I don't have them here at work, but those links you sent me last night are great -- thanks! I'll get them posted here unless you beat me to it.

Also, in case it hasn't been posted elsewhere, here is link to an OFP Mission Editing FAQ thread at the BI Forums site. Lots of useful stuff in there, and most of it carries over to ArmA.

Comment

this is supposedly a very detailed and easy Armed Assault Editing manual, but as of right now it's only in German... I hear that it is being translated and will be released in English very soon... (just another source)

http://www.armamods.net/catalog/prod...e_banner_id=14
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Broken Link

Comment

OFPEC seems to be THE place to go for tutorials and tools for scripting/editing. Here's a direct link to their editing center:

OFPEC - The Editing Center

Look at the left side for links to various resources. These are all from the OFP heyday...but most should still be reasonably useful for Armed Assault.
            |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X