Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q?: How do I get one of my AI lads to gear up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q?: How do I get one of my AI lads to gear up?

Greets,

Can't seem to post on the official BI Forums... thought I'd ask them old foxes here a question...

How exactly do I get one of my AI guys to get specific gear from this or that crate/container/body? Using the "6- Action" command, it seems much more restrictive than it was in OFP. I see that I can now select the option "Gear" in the action menu, but they always seem to run off to that dead body 7 miles away (and get shot in the process).

Thanks in advance,
    [Saw]
    (Yuro branch)

Re: Q?: How do I get one of my AI lads to gear up?

Try standing near the body or crate and pointing the floating crosshairs at the intended object you want them to gear from. This worked once for me but it could have been luck.

Comment

IMHO the reason it is so confusing in ArmA is because almost every vehicle can now hold ammo and weapons. The easiest way to do it is to move the desired AI to the crate with a move command. Once they are standing there, than give them the Action-Gear option. This will bring up thier gear option and you can load them out. Be advised, you have to do this one unit at a time, trying to gear up more than one AI at a time will not work.
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

thanks a bunch, will try that when I get home this evening :)
        [Saw]
        (Yuro branch)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...