Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Note About Persistent Servers in v1.05...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Note About Persistent Servers in v1.05...

Suma (ArmA Lead Programmer) mentioned on the BIS Forums (original thread) this note about persistent servers:

Originally posted by Suma
    It [persistence] works, but only with missions which use respawn instant or base, games with other respawn modes are never persistent.

FYI, for those who are designing missions with persistence in mind.

Re: A Note About Persistent Servers in v1.05...

Can you imagine having a 24/7 campaign running in a theater the size of Sahrani with dynamic ai and controllable resources? Add a dedicated core of players on one side (dont know if adversarial would work too well because you wouldnt want a greifer sabotage the "stage" if you will) Then let it rip and see how long before the resources are exhausted or whatever criterio for victory/defeat are met. I can, in fact I think it will finally make RP a real part of the FPS MP genre.

Comment

Originally posted by lightzout View Post
      Can you imagine having a 24/7 campaign running in a theater the size of Sahrani with dynamic ai and controllable resources? Add a dedicated core of players on one side (dont know if adversarial would work too well because you wouldnt want a greifer sabotage the "stage" if you will) Then let it rip and see how long before the resources are exhausted or whatever criterio for victory/defeat are met. I can, in fact I think it will finally make RP a real part of the FPS MP genre.
      This would please me to no end. I think having weekend events of this nature would bring in quite a lot of new faces. If we could somehow coordinate a 48 hour war and bring in teams to keep up the fight around the clock, it could get VERY interesting!
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Apo, are you playing Armed Assault? I can't remember exactly, but I thought you used to play OpFlash, and I know you enjoyed your GR ;)

If you're not, I hope to see you there!

Comment

There are a group here that want to achieve a persistent gaming environment that would acheive that type of gameplay. Unfortunately, the existing mod members have limitted time to develop the concept. Anyone interested in helping should PM me and we can discuss.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X