This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Websites, Scripts, Tools, and Other Useful ArmA Editing Stuff

OpFlash Uber Editor Tutorial (Written for OFP, but largely applicable to ArmA. A great place to get started with the editor.)

OFPEC Editor's Depot (Great reference site, with plenty of tutorials and examples available. Use the menu on the lefthand side to access the content.)

BI Studios Mission Editing & Scripting Forum

BI Online Manual: Making a Mission Briefing

BI Studios Interactive Community Wiki (A.K.A. "The Biki.")

Biki: ArmA Weapon and Item Names

Biki: Community Editing Tools (Includes tools for editing PBOs, Scripts, Configs, FSMs, Textures, and more.)

Kegetys' ArmA Tools (Includes Kegetys' Spectating Script.)

Kronzky's OFP/VBS/ArmA Goodies (Includes Kronzky's Urban Patrol Script.)

BAS f (The Ballistic Addon Studios Multiplayer Mission Development Framework. This is a "multiplayer mission folder containing a library of scripts, functions and template files, plus a detailed manual. The framework provides the mission designer, after minimal additional configuration, with a selection of pre-tested features and functionality intended to improve the overall quality and re-playability of his/her mission. Since BAS f is a framework, and not a template, the design of the actual mission is completely open.")

kevb0's GroupTracker Script

TheBigC's Ammo Crate Scripts

CHOFPSE (An excellent tool for making scripts and it has a great Mission Briefing Wizard that cuts down on a lot of work. Plus there is a option for quick script generation. See houdini's note below.)

OFP Mission Development Environment (A suite of tools, including a program that compiles/decompiles the actual PBO files, a script editor, and a tool that actually hightlights variables in scripts and SQMs and tells you what to edit. It also gives a breakdown of the files based on the Mission, Intro, OutroWin, and OutroLoose.)

Last edited by Strag; 06-01-2007, 09:39 AM.

Re: Websites, Scripts, Tools, and Other Useful ArmA Editing Stuff

FMI (for My Info)... Are the OFP tools ok for ARMA?
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I have not run across any major editing tools that are not compatible. The being said, some of the newer ones handle scripts a bit differently and save it as a different file. Basically *.sqs vs *.sqf. Both however work for ArmA.
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Regarding CHOPSE, or Chris' OFP Script Editor, the weapon class names are incorrect for Armed Assault. There may be other object names that are incorrect as well. Apparently, you can edit the data files manually, but I'm not versed enough to know what to do...yet.

As an alternative, JadeGear has published a freeware beta version of the same sort of product for Armed Assault.

JadeGear Script Edit
        |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

^^^ niether link works - first says insufficient permissions, and second is 404

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
            Give this one a try now.

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
            C should be back fairly soon. He should be able to update the link when he returns.

Comment

hi guys i once had a editor mod were i go in to editor place a man as player then preview whenim in the game (preview)i then scrolled down and selected something that gave me a over head view were i could place objects and men in exect places like men in windows and on roofs etc

can any body help me with what this is i forgot and i want to creat missions and place men in exact posis like =snipers on towers and windows

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X