Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDFMOD sound pack....

Hey all,

Has anyone tried the FDFMOD sound pack..it was released recently and I was wondering if anyone has tried it out yet. One other question, as I have no real hands on experience with the weapons in Arma...how are the sounds in the game compared with their real life counterparts?? I've seen many of the weapons on TV...but that probably doesn't translate well either..

http://www.fdfmod.org/

Sound mod link above.

Chappie

Re: FDFMOD sound pack....

as posted and stated in the AA mods/mission forum... it great...it doesn't overwrite any of your files, it creates a new desktop icon that you use to start the game with and use there sounds... it's user side, so no interference with MP games... worth the download and use since AA sounds is one of the weaknesses IMO.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I cannot connect to our servers with the sound mod installed. It gives me an incorrect version error.
      --
      VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerHans View Post
        I cannot connect to our servers with the sound mod installed. It gives me an incorrect version error.
        That's interesting, because I have noticed people that using this mod have several remarks automatically written on screen as they join a server.

For instance, JoeBlo joins server, the on screen message reads: "JoeBlo connecting", then comes a line or 2 "JoeBlo is using FMF sound files..." or something to that effect. The individuals didn't seem to be automatically disconnected or anything.

Is this something server side? Can the server be set to allow certain client side mods?

Edit:

Seems that server side has to allow extra (non-stock) files. I tried to get onto the TG server with the sound mod enabled and it was no go. After being rejected from TG server, the browser locked.

One thing about this sound mod, it really occludes the sounds of trucks/tanks. The vehicle sounds are very subdued. I like the stock sounds better because of this otherwise, the rifle/weapon sounds sound very good. Very jarring when you're wearing headphones.
        Last edited by SailinDawg; 03-11-2007, 09:51 AM.

Comment

hello there,

yes the server always points out custom files.

I also get the version error.

Id would be nice to have server enable mods, as i for one hate the air pellet noises of the std weapons.

rgds

LoK
          Arrakis - Dune - A Filmbook

Comment

Makes the game sound way better

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X