Coop 4 Infiltrate Everon by Strag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coop 4 Infiltrate Everon by Strag

I've started the third mission in my series. This one will be small (four to eight players) and involve some recon and the destruction of Shilkas in Everon. This is all in preparation for the final push on Everon by the entire U.S. group, which will probably be a platoon-sized mission with player-controlled CAS.

I plan to leave the execution of this third mission very open, providing various means of transportation (boats, civilian cars) for the team to use. The mission will take place in the middle of the night, and I think stealth will be a key factor to success.

Any ideas or input are welcome (again, what do ya'll want to see in missions created for TG play?). More to come.

Re: Third Mission

That sounds like a great lead-up mission to your huge final mission.

I would love to see more Team vs. Team objective missions. Maybe even a third side of insurgents or the like.

If we're sticking with co-op though, some combined arms missions, with human CAS, harriers, etc, would be nice. Some tank support, supply chain distruption, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by boudreux View Post
      That sounds like a great lead-up mission to your huge final mission.
      It won't be the final mission.

Originally posted by boudreux View Post
      If we're sticking with co-op though, some combined arms missions, with human CAS, harriers, etc, would be nice. Some tank support, supply chain distruption, etc.
      I know other folks are working on TvT missions, so I'm going with Coop. Per kevb0's suggestions, though, I'll likely add support for players on both sides (east and west) of the conflict.

Good feedback, boudreux -- thanks!

Comment

It is coming I swear! My 1st mission featuring TvT-RTS is 48 players and should be done as soon as I stop suffering from feature creap and can nail down the last dedicated server issues. I'm pretty worried about server performance when under load (nothing I can test locally anyway) so I might have to scale back some components after going live.

Comment

Re: Coop 4 Infiltrate Everon by Strag

This is taking shape and has been fun to work on. It looks like this will be a "covert" small-team mission, where the players are dressed as enemy troops and must infiltrate Everon to destroy enemy anti-air assets. A test version should be ready fairly soon.

Comment

Stragtastic!!!!

.....sorry..... :0

Chappie

Comment

Please let me know if you get the CAS to work, I am beating my head up on that one. Overall it sounds cool though. I look forward to taking for a spin. Will it be in beta for us to play this week?
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                Please let me know if you get the CAS to work, I am beating my head up on that one.
                No CAS in this one. That'll be in the next mission, which should be a "big" one.

C, what problems are you having? Are you trying to have AI CAS come in on a radio call from a human player?

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                Will it be in beta for us to play this week?
                Yeah, I think I can have a version ready for tomorrow night. It may be a bit rough, but it should be playable to get an idea of how things flow.

Comment

call me a noob, but what is CAS?

Comment

something air support I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by BHack View Post
                      something air support I bet.
                      Close. ;)
                      Last edited by BHack; 03-14-2007, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Artillery

Comment

CAS= Close Air Support, a technique for calling in airstrikes... Sorry for any confusion..
                          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Strag View Post
                            Close. ;)
                            oh.... OH. I get it now :)

Comment

The first playable test version of this mission is now on our Coop servers. In the missions list, it's called TG-ST3: Infiltrate Everon (Coop 04) t1. This one's for you guys who have been asking for small (although not necessarily short or easy) missions. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X