TvT 16 Dolores by Strag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TvT 16 Dolores by Strag

I thought I'd take a stab at a TvT mission for a change. I've got a fun little 8v8 going where the US has to protect an electrical substation and a telecommunications tower in Dolores. The SLA, of course, are trying to blow them up. The twist is that the SLA are dressed as civilians, and there are also civilians going about their business in Dolores. So if the SLA can do a good job of blending into the local populace, they just might be able to pull off their mission. ;)

Each side has two teams of four. The SLA approach Dolores from the sea using boats, but they can land anywhere along the coast and move in on foot if they want. This should be a very open mission, with just about everything that happens left up to the players.

Re: TvT 16 Dolores by Strag

Sounds like a ton of fun :) Hopefully we'll get to try it out tonight

Comment

The first test version is on the Private Coop server now.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of fun. We had a good time with the Tv T with the choppers, and rescuing the down pilots. I would love to see more missions like this!

Comment

Just finished it... well done. Very fun to play... Scary as hell not knowing where all the defensive positions are.

Comment

Hopefully we can get some full 8v8 action going in it soon.

One thing that continues to amaze me about making missions for ArmA is seeing all the various things people will do. For instance, I never really expected anyone to use an RPG to destroy one of the objectives in this TvT mission, but TheBigC was using one last night on the electrical substation. It just shows how open-ended this game is. Very cool stuff.

Comment

well, yeah, only it didn't work very well, you shot him b4 he could finish.

;)

Comment

With more players, I could see it working as a great distraction. Two or four guys hammering away from a distance with RPGs, while the other six or four guys move in to plant satchels. Lots of possibilities. :)

Comment

That's what we did.

I'm trying to put together a gr-style siege mission now.. you've inspired me.

You think it's fair to give defenders NVGs and the assaulters SD weapons for a night siege?

Comment

Ok, just played it a couple times and I found one or two minor bugs. If using the OPFOR, the second team will not perform thier mission, unless they have a human leader. They stay at the start point. The next is the ammo crate. You added M203 ammo but no russian HE. It should be changed from 1Rnd_HE_M203 to 1Rnd_HE_GP25. You got the flares right, but not the HE. The next is that unless you get it just right, you run into the swiming bug that causes players to loose thier gear. I ran the boat up on shore and got out, but my team mates (AI) jumped into the water and could not make to land before they lost all their gear. My suggestion would be find a shallow shore, the ones I choose were deeper water and mark that as possible zodiac landing sites. Or another option would be to add a set of docks and add some jeeps so you could transload from a better landing point.

Overall a great missions. I will try it from the BLUFOR side today. Plus you just inspired me with this mission to make another TvT myself!!!
                    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by fr1j0l3
                      You think it's fair to give defenders NVGs and the assaulters SD weapons for a night siege?
                      I'd think so. It can always be tweaked to work. :)

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                      If using the OPFOR, the second team will not perform thier mission, unless they have a human leader. They stay at the start point.
                      Yeah, I wasn't sure about adding AI waypoints in this mission. Do you think I should? I'd only planned on there being humans involved.

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                      The next is the ammo crate. You added M203 ammo but no russian HE.
                      Good catch. :) Actually, this is a BIS bug. I realized this when making my previous mission (the four-man coop infiltration). Those M203 rounds are part of the default loadout for the large SLA "Weapons" crate -- I didn't add them myself. But, I can definitely remove them and replace them with GP25s. :icon14: (I should probably do this in my coop mission, too).
                      Last edited by Strag; 03-20-2007, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Do you want a .sqs that does that for you? I never use the default loadouts anymore for similar reasons. I prefer to create a crate than tailor a sexy little script to unload it than reload it with evrything I want. Instead of having 3 different ammo crates, I can make just one with the exact items I want.
                        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

What is the swimming bug?

As you tread water, you lose equipment? Is that a feature? or just something that happens?

Comment

Originally posted by fr1j0l3 View Post
                            What is the swimming bug?

As you tread water, you lose equipment? Is that a feature? or just something that happens?
                            I guess it is sorta a bug/feature. If you are in the water longer than a few seconds you drop all of your gear and you cannot recover it. Me personaly, I think it is a bug because no matter what gear you are carrying you drop it. This really affects AI on waterborne insertion missions because they cannot make it to shore in time after you tell them to dismount. The only two ways to overcome this is to truely beach your craft or use a dock when landing your boat.

Comment

Interesting. I just tried to addmagazinecargo "1Rnd_HE_GP25" to a crate, and it threw an error saying that wasn't a recognized type of magazine. Is the GP25 HE round not implemented yet in ArmA? If so, it could explain why BIS has put M203 HE rounds in the SLA ammo crates.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X