Proper use of sniper weapons...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper use of sniper weapons...

A number of you seem to be having trouble with the sniper weapons in Armed Assault, having petty arguments about sights and picture aim, so here is a brief, easy to follow tutorial on using sniper rifles in AA... it's not that hard folks, just a little practice is all thats needed...

First when your in position and ready to begin your sniper mission you need to press the Control S key combo to bring up the SureShot™ ballistic calculator.

Input your known ballistic data (bore height, ballistic coefficient, muzzle velocity and zero range), which you get both in the training missions and in the weapon selection screen...

Then add your environmental data which you get from the note page of the mission briefing (range, temperature, altitude, inclination) and the SureShot™ calculator will give you a shooting result in MILS, TMOA or SMOA.

You then use the weapon adjustment tool by hitting the key combo. Control A, this brings up a small adjsutement screen that you use to adjust per the calculator inputs...

See simple... give it a try.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Proper use of sniper weapons...

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
    A number of you seem to be having trouble with the sniper weapons in Armed Assault, having petty arguments about sights and picture aim, so here is a brief, easy to follow tutorial on using sniper rifles in AA... it's not that hard folks, just a little practice is all thats needed...

First when your in position and ready to begin your sniper mission you need to press the Control S key combo to bring up the SureShot™ ballistic calculator.

Input your known ballistic data (bore height, ballistic coefficient, muzzle velocity and zero range), which you get both in the training missions and in the weapon selection screen...

Then add your environmental data which you get from the note page of the mission briefing (range, temperature, altitude, inclination) and the SureShot™ calculator will give you a shooting result in MILS, TMOA or SMOA.

You then use the weapon adjustment tool by hitting the key combo. Control A, this brings up a small adjsutement screen that you use to adjust per the calculator inputs...

See simple... give it a try.
    these controls don't work ingame for me

Comment

Originally posted by GenTrae View Post
      these controls don't work ingame for me
      I think he got you.

Yep... he did. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
        I think he got you.

Yep... he did. :)
        Havent played in a while and you go and get me all excited Magnum...
        Long Live the 2nd BCT and 1st MIP

Comment

lol, well I'm surprised it took so long, i had 10 or so at SimHQ within the first day, had to come clean was getting so many PM's to help people use the function.

It was a early Apr. Fools joke. ;)
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Seriously not funny.. :p

I havent been around for a while, so reading that got me really excited. If only... :(
            TG Regular
            TGU Staff
            ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
            Evil Koala
            LeftSkidLow

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement