Evolution - Edited by TG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evolution - Edited by TG

Evolution by Killjoy has inspired some great gaming here at TG both on the public and private servers. One of the featurs of ArmA mission scripting is the ease with which edits can be performed.

It has been suggested that TG make some minor tweaks to this excellent mission. I would like to have that discussion here and pending the feedback will perform those edits.

Please keep in mind we are looking primarily to add teamplay/tactical elements that enhance the mission. The suggestions below are just that suggestions. Please comment on the ideas as well as the specific amounts chosen.

Suggested Changes:
    • Viewdistance increase from 900 to 1800.
    • Fog locations removed or reduced. The mission has areas defined to have a thick fog effect and it has been suggested this is too much.
    • Vehicles automatically respawn at base after 120 minutes
    • Service Chopper - capable of repairing up to 1/2 health
    • Refuel Chopper - capable of refueling up to 1/2 fuel
    • SL marker (Each SL is marked on the map (similar to radar contact)
    Last edited by Shiner; 04-09-2007, 11:33 AM.

Re: Evolution - Edited by TG

Vehicles automatically respawn at base after 120 minutes

I would say 60 minutes sounds more sensible to me.
    Two hours is a bit too much in my opinion.
    --
    VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerHans View Post
      Vehicles automatically respawn at base after 120 minutes

I would say 60 minutes sounds more sensible to me.
      Two hours is a bit too much in my opinion.
      That was my initial thought.. but I do like that you have to take care of the assets right now. At 60 minutes do you think people are more apt to not try and repair the vehicle?

Note: Added suggestion on fog. There is a specific script that applies fog to areas defined on the map.

Comment

I think 60 minutes is fine. The people who waste assest is not the ones who will be punished by 120m spawn. They will be long gone from the servers by then.
        --
        VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

The viewdistance/fog thing is rediculous, there are parts of the map I had to fly the chopper using the instruments, I had no idea if I was pointed up or down. This sounds cool but it was really frustrating.

This map has some amazing scripting, I'll say that. And congrats to all those who were with me when we finally beat the mission on Saturday. Quite the 'ending'.

Are we still running this in persistent mode? How long are we planning on hosting it as such. I wouldn't mind running some of the bezerk maps again, but don't want to ruin anyone's persistent game.

Comment

I have another idea, instead of having a respawn on the vehicles why not have it so you earn points for repairing them, like you do if you transport friendlys

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
              That was my initial thought.. but I do like that you have to take care of the assets right now. At 60 minutes do you think people are more apt to not try and repair the vehicle?

Note: Added suggestion on fog. There is a specific script that applies fog to areas defined on the map.
              When we say respawn, do we mean it only respawns if the vehicle has been destroyed for 120 minutes, or just if it is unoccupied/damaged somewhere on the map?

Comment

Originally posted by BHack View Post
                When we say respawn, do we mean it only respawns if the vehicle has been destroyed for 120 minutes, or just if it is unoccupied/damaged somewhere on the map?
                This is theoretical as I am still working my way through the 40+ scripts, but I would prefer to apply the same script that returns non-ranked assets to ranked assets, but at a slower 60 minute interval. Thus, a ranked vehicle will either be destroyed and thus unoccupied or will become damaged over time when left alone and will eventually be returned to the base.

Comment

I really like the "Repair the assets" thing, encurages teamwork and helps adding variation to the game.

It would, in my honest opinion, be better to automaticly add a marker on the map saying "Fallen Birdie" or something like that. This marker should be visible untill someone delets it.

At least when it comes to Helos, since they are such a valuable asset, the respawn should not apply.

Just my cents.

Andy Cornell out.
                  "I am trying, at least I do that" - Me

Comment

Sorry to ask but.. Where can I download this mod at? I have serched for it and cannot find it. And it is not in the downloads section.

In fact there is not much in the downloads section. Can this be rectified?
                    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Mr. Gringo, it's not a mod, but a map. As fantastic as it is, everything is actually incorporated into the mission, and downloaded when you connect. Good times.

Comment

Ahhh, thank you Mr. Boudreux.
                        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                          In fact there is not much in the downloads section. Can this be rectified?
                          None of the content we're running at this point needs to be downloaded/installed externally. As boudreux said, any custom content will be downloaded automatically when you connect to the ArmA game server.

Comment

Well seems this mission somehow cuts off my internet connection.

Each time I connect to a server running the Evolution mission (1.1 or 1.2 doesn't matter) I loose my internet connection. So also loosing TS connection as well as being unable to browse the internet. Previously this only happened (always or occasionally not sure) if I had alt-tabbed out of the game to connect to TS, but when connecting to an evolution mission I get disconnected all the time (was able to join a server running the evolution mission once out of about twenty tries).

Comment

Originally posted by Taxi View Post
                              Well seems this mission somehow cuts off my internet connection.

Each time I connect to a server running the Evolution mission (1.1 or 1.2 doesn't matter) I loose my internet connection. So also loosing TS connection as well as being unable to browse the internet. Previously this only happened (always or occasionally not sure) if I had alt-tabbed out of the game to connect to TS, but when connecting to an evolution mission I get disconnected all the time (was able to join a server running the evolution mission once out of about twenty tries).
                              ??

Thats a new one. Do you run any kind of firewalls or other software which watches your internet connection?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X