(CO-RTS-24) Hold The Line by |TG-7th|Shiner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (CO-RTS-24) Hold The Line by |TG-7th|Shiner

Mission Name: (CO-RTS-24) Hold The Line by |TG-7th|Shiner (Dedicated Server)

Mission Hosted: Latest version uploaded to the Public TG server.
    Mission Download: RAR Format
    Mission Version: v.04 (Beta)

Mission Summary Description:
    Coop mission featuring an streamlined RTS financial framework.

Mission Story:
    High Alert: The east has landed troops to the north of Eponia. Though not unexpected, the US has not been able to adequately fortify its position on the North side of Sahrani. As part of a small detachment of the USMC, you have been deployed to Hold the Line. This is a TACTICAL rear-guard action. We can't hope to stop the over-whelming enemy force from securing the North, but we must buy time for a defensive position to be established at Corazol preventing any break-out assault into Southern Sahrani. If the enemy can be contained at Corazol and the US Airbase at Paraiso is held, supplies, reinforcements and assets will be available for us to launch an offensive and take back those vital positions we have lost.

Your initial orders are to start at a civilian facility south of Eponia. Get to the city as quickly as possible ETA for enemy contact is 10 mins. Hold the city for as long as possible, but once the city has been over-run you will need to extract and reposition at Hill 66.

Known Bugs:
    1. NOTE: Objects that are purchased take 5-10 seconds to "fully" spawn into the game requiring you to wait a few seconds after the object appears before you can interact with it.
    2. v.01+: Designed for dedicated server. Some things may not function outside the dedicated server environment.
    3. v.01+: Deployables not working when AI purchases (placed near player not AI unit). Note that it appears only the purchaser of the tractor may actually use the tractor to make deployables.

Known To-dos:
    1. Atmospheric Elements... Ai Battles in view. Ai Airstrikes. Ai scripting for supporting ai troops. Ai cheering on successfully defeating enemy wave etc... Ai paradrops
    2. More ammo crates
    3. Weapon selection system. Would prefer a gui interface and something that re-equips weapon selections from before death on respawn.
    4. Consider implementing Evolution grouping module for players. Would players prefer this or do you like being a platoon leader with AI? Does it help any to actually be in the same group?

Feature Requests Under Consideration:
    1. Ranks from Evolution
    2. Weather from Evolution

Feedback Request (any or all of these questions would be appreciated):
    1. Did you enjoy the mission?
    2. Did you experience any bugs/quirks specific to the mission?
    3. Did you enjoy the financial RTS framework?
    4. Did anything frustrate you on the map? Specifically why?
    5. Do you have any suggestions on changes to improve the mission?
    Last edited by Shiner; 05-09-2007, 09:36 PM.

Re: (CO-RTS-24) Hold The Line by |TG-7th|Shiner

Maybe I'm missing something...want to test the mission but the download link brings me to a all about TG link... how do I get it. (I can't join our servers right now because I'm running the US 1.06 version.)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Lol your fast. The link is working now I needed to move the file one directory. Hopefully I can get an admin with box access to upload to our server today. BTW I'm pretty sure this only works on a dedicated server as the AI enemy troops won't spawn in a local server.

Comment

we have a DS for the v106 testing, mind if I use it for testing. (your mission).

Nevermind...read your notes, guess the answers no, lol, NP... nice mission set up thou...looks professionally done.
        Last edited by Magnum50; 04-22-2007, 11:48 AM. Reason: added
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Magnum.. you can definitely use it on your servers... but beware this is version .01 so it needs much testing. I've already uploaded a newer version that tweaked the AI enemy spawn orders for better effect.

BTW: I always put the "exclusive for TG" in my missions as I prefer to see them hosted by those that visit TG (plus if we can get some more folks to check us out that doesn't hurt).

Comment

Good map Shiner. I played it yesterday and we were all impressed. We did encounter quite a few bugs but all in all it was quite fun.

1. Kept losing control of our AI units (as you stated above)

2. The completed objectives didn't seem to be properly synced between all players. When I JIPed back in it showed the first objective as not completed. Everyone else showed it as marked.

3. What triggers the waves? Just time or do you have to wipe out the previous wave?

4. Can you retake points you lost? At one point our spawn point moved back north to the first fallback position. We could use more direction as to what is going on in the map: where the AI is currently attacking, status updates, etc.

5. What does the squre red zone indicate? It moves around... is that the next target of attack?

Comment

Not much time, but when I played this mission, I got a cobra. When I was flying arround looking for targets I noticed that the armor targets kept blinking, as if the enemy was getting in and out of the vehicles. I'm not sure if this is ment to be or if its a bug. It prevents the Next target command from working properly. on a second note, this might be why the Javelin is not working properly either.

Comment

Originally posted by BHack View Post
                Good map Shiner. I played it yesterday and we were all impressed. We did encounter quite a few bugs but all in all it was quite fun.

1. Kept losing control of our AI units (as you stated above)
                Thanks I will be moving to the evolution style auto-join and hopefully this will fix it.

2. The completed objectives didn't seem to be properly synced between all players. When I JIPed back in it showed the first objective as not completed. Everyone else showed it as marked.
                Another thing I just can't test on my own.. I have a plan on pushing the variables for the gamestatus to the clients on join.

3. What triggers the waves? Just time or do you have to wipe out the previous wave?
                The trigger is complicated atm based on timing and destruction of previous waves. Essentially a new wave will spawn if the leader of each of three attacking units is destroyed or at the 5 minute mark after the assault has begun (without a capture). I have already tweaked the time between the eponia assualt and the Hill 66 assault to shorten the time allowed.

4. Can you retake points you lost? At one point our spawn point moved back north to the first fallback position. We could use more direction as to what is going on in the map: where the AI is currently attacking, status updates, etc.
                There are two stages to the map. Hopefully this will be made more clear as I flesh out the notes and the story. The first stage is simply a "defensive" stage where you can only fall back from eponia to hill 66 to the FARP to corazol.. no re-taking of lost objectives allowed as an overwhelming force has been deployed to the north and is pushing south. Once corazol is lost the sides will stabalize and the game goes into the "assualt" stage in which the zones must be captured in the inverse order.

5. What does the square red zone indicate? It moves around... is that the next target of attack?
                This is actually a debug marker I left on that shows the enemy's current "target". You will see it skip around as I'm positioning the ai enemy troops before assaults and then move over the target zone as I'm sending them in. I will likely be adding further debug tracking to the next version to help me fix the timing and such before I get to a final release.

Originally posted by SGT.Moore USMC (RET) View Post
                Not much time, but when I played this mission, I got a cobra. When I was flying arround looking for targets I noticed that the armor targets kept blinking, as if the enemy was getting in and out of the vehicles. I'm not sure if this is meant to be or if its a bug. It prevents the Next target command from working properly. on a second note, this might be why the Javelin is not working properly either.
                This happened during our Sunday test session. It appears their is a bug that the enemy will appear to capture hill 66 but the "target" red box doesn't move. The troops that are spawning into Mercalillus are bugged as they don't know where to go! Hopefully this will be also fixed when I get the hill 66 completion trigger working.

Thanks for testing this very early version guys. It really helps to have others commenting here! My intent is to have a dramatic atmospheric mission especially during the initial onsloughts.. Then have some fun base building at the FARP and then settle into a typical assault mission in corazol but with purchasing fun.

Comment

New Version now available for download. I made LOTS of changes tonight so please report any bugs I may have introduced.

v.02 Changelog:
                  1. ***BUG***Mission won't advance past Hill 66 assualt *Fixed v.02* Complete Re-write of gamePhase scripting
                  2. Tractor should purchase in a slight offset to allow quick placement while driving *Fixed v.02* (Offset 15 degrees to the left) Buildings also have a destroy action (with confirmation) if they are not placed as a player desired.
                  3. Implement Auto-Join on aiBackup purchase *Fixed v.02* Units not created already in player's group
                  4. Make Base Building from Tractor Free *Fixed v.02*
                  5. Remove Javelin as not working[/I] *Fixed v.02*
                  6. Implement better instructions set via radio commands and markers so players now what todo at each gamePhase. *Markers added v.02* *Still need to add radio commands*
                  7. Implement better debugging for tracking enemy in production environment that only Shiner can see. Need tweaking to enemy timing of assault waves. *Done for SP mode v.02*
                  8. Implement "retreat" vehicles just outside zone for those left behind at an objective that has been over-run. *Fixed v.02*
                  9. JIP respawns need to be tested for players spawning in mid-game. *Fixed v.02* *Requires MP testing to confirm*

Comment

Uploaded and ready for all to enjoy... Looks good Shiner!!
                    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

New Version now available for download.

v.03 Changelog:
                      1. Various Bug-fixes
                      2. Streamlined Markers ("Debug Assault Zone (red box) still active");
                      3. Added spawning Civilian Convoy (generates $5 for each player when convoy reaches destination alive).

More changes to come in v.04 this week.

Comment

v.03a Changelog

1. Goodies added to hill
                        2. Base building items reduced in price.

Comment

It is loaded and ready for all to play!! I will take it for a spin tonight..
                          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

FYI Join in Progress (JIP) is not working correctly as the joining player isn't automatically transported from the US Base to the "current respawn position".

I'm working on it.

Comment

BTW..I see you added a little intro SPEECH at the start giving you (the Player) some general background on why you are there and where to go/what to do from Spawn.. It's VERY helpful..
                              Also..I was, in earlier versions (Like last week.. ;-) ), getting a SCRIPT error on startup...just a few with a text box popping up like missing a PBO or something... regardless..those are now gone..

The only major thing is the Airport spawn issue.. I started and stopped a few times, either by using the ADMIN #missions command or the #restart I I could not get a consistent result. One time I would spawn where you should and the next I would be at the airport ..

What would be a COOL mod for mapmakers would be a Script that would allow a player in game to do a TEXT message to LOG or something for the developer to review at a later time. I know playing I come across something (probably Minor) and then forget when another thing comes up... Jsut a thought..

But playing it a few times today,. (Panzer and I beat it up for awhile today..) I can see it being much more stable and clean.. and when it get's played by a group of Good TG'ers could possibly be EPIC.. I mean the thing is really huge.... and Geez..all that ARMOR!!!..

Peardog
                              |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                              ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse