Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addons-Mods

Hello!

I see a lots of addons and mods for ArmA, and my question is: Are those mods/addons are compatible with the game, or it creates bugs, crashes etc etc?

Thank you!

Black :row__593:

Legio Patria Nostra

* Former member of the 1st Canadian Airborne Regiment, and the French Foreign Legion *

Re: Addons-Mods

There is no simple yes or no answer to this question. It depends.

Our public passworded Armed Assault server does not allow modified clientside content. That is content like the FDF soundpack etc.
    --
    VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Morning Col. Black, to add to PH's explanation:

The only MOD in use on our servers at the moment is the FDF Sound Mod - basically because it doesn't overwrite any game files.

The game is being introduced to a lot of patches/fixes (1.06 or 1.07 should be with us when ATARI release the USA version). I think Lead ArmA Admin is waiting for the game to stabilise before recommending any Mods. Otherwise, you will have to uninstall - reinstall - patch up - and finally re-install any of your Mods. A pain in the butt to be frank!

Having said that, if you use Kegetys ArmA Launcher (currently at version 1.11) you can disable any installed Mods if the server you are attempting to join is not compatible.

You can download Kegetys ArmA Launcher (page 1), and the FDF Sound Mod (page 2): HERE
      sigpic
      | |
      TG ArmA Pathfinder
      One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

Once the U.S. release is out and stable, I'm sure we'll see plenty of high quality mods for ArmA that support the Tactical Gamer way of playing. I have no doubt that we'll adopt certain of these mods as mandatory content for some or all of our servers.

Comment

Hello Buccaner!

I have downloaded your FDF soundpack, and so far I don't see anything that have changed. Just started a game and the sound of my rifle, was exactly the same, the M136 was the same, and the grenade sound was also the same. So if am real dumb, what is exactly this sound pack change really? :row__628:

Thank you!

Black

Legio Patria Nostra

* Former member of the 1st Canadian Airborne Regiment, and the French Foreign Legion *

Comment

Originally posted by «JTF-2» Col. Black View Post
            I have downloaded your FDF soundpack, and so far I don't see anything that have changed. Just started a game and the sound of my rifle, was exactly the same, the M136 was the same, and the grenade sound was also the same. So if am real dumb, what is exactly this sound pack change really? :row__628:
            Black, the sound changes are numerous and very noticeable. My guess is that the sound mod isn't being used by your game. According to the mod's ReadMe, there are two different ways to invoke the sound mod:

1. Start ArmA using the Desktop shortcut provided when you installed the FDF sound mod.

2. Use a launcher tool like Kegetys' to launch ArmA and include the FDF sound mod.

If you're using one of these two methods to launch your game and still not hearing a difference, I'd say something got corrupted when you installed the sound mod. Reinstalling the mod may fix the issue.

Comment

Use it as explained by Strag.

It's not "my" file - I'm just hosting it! I use kegetys' ArmA Launcher (available on Page 1, of my site) to launch the game, and the Mod. Plus its handy for a few other things (launching TIR, and watching the MP Server to name but two).
              sigpic
              | |
              TG ArmA Pathfinder
              One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed