Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main campaign coop? (SPOILERS)

Hello,

I got the game not too long ago, and I'm not far into it. However, I'm less keen on playing through the campaign in singleplayer.

Is there any way how I could go through it in coop with a friend of mine? I can't seem to figure out how to enable that. I want to go through the main campaign before I jump onto the TG server.

Thanks.

Re: Main campaign coop?

Hey your always welcome to join us in the server! New users should just identify themselves as such and they will find everyone is VERY aware of the learning curve to this game and will lend a hand in getting you situated.

As to playing the Campaign, I think it is only SP. Some of the missions are playable, but not in any particular order via the MP interface.

Comment

They originally stated that the campaign would be playable with a friend, but then that feature disappeared. There has been mentions of a group making a mini-mod that allows this. I hope so! As of right now, you have to suffer through it by your lonesome.

Comment

Drat. Thanks. Is the campaign worth playing through sp? My main (or only, you could say) interest in the game lies in the coop. Guess I'll jump onto the server sooner than I expected.

Comment

The campaign waffles between bad and terrible, depending on the mission. I played through it for practice but Half Life it is not.

Comment

This is my first post, new face here.
            I agree with the campaign being weird, maybe I am just missing something but I am on mission 2 and they pretty much just lone wolf you against 3 enemy camps, which are quickly re-enforced with one or two fresh platoons of troops.

I cannot for the life of me destroy the armour in time and didi out of there, because for one man to knock out four AFV's in this situation is impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_H View Post
              This is my first post, new face here.
              I agree with the campaign being weird, maybe I am just missing something but I am on mission 2 and they pretty much just lone wolf you against 3 enemy camps, which are quickly re-enforced with one or two fresh platoons of troops.

I cannot for the life of me destroy the armour in time and didi out of there, because for one man to knock out four AFV's in this situation is impossible.
              This one is actually pretty easy. All positions relative to where you start the mission, facing the first objective. If you climb the hill with a big rock on it, then slide over the top of the peak and look down into the little valley between the hill you're on and a smaller one to the left, you'll see a lone sentry facing back the way that you came. He's an easy kill for a silenced M4.

After that, sneak in to get a charge planted behind the armor that's sitting there. You'll have to go prone and watch for a roving patrol. Sometimes it turns up the valley for a ways before heading back to the lighted part of the town.

After planting the charge, back up until you can climb the hill with the big rock unobserved. Blow the first AFV, then use the M136 to take out the other three from the top of the hill. You have to remember to duck down and back before reloading, and don't forget to displace sideways a bit between shots.

The biggest headache some of us face is that the M136's sights aren't properly aligned. I have to set the pin on the target, then raise my sights until I can't see the target anymore. That puts a round right on target, but it sure makes it tough to take out anything but a stationary target.

Anyhow, after taking out the 4 AFVs, just run back to the insertion/extraction point. You can skip the rest of the mission and still have it counted as a success.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X