Realistic Tracers Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistic Tracers Mod

Download the latest version of this mod from HERE.

If you have a prior version of this mod installed, be sure to remove it by deleting the existing @SIX_Tracers folder and the existing @SIX_Misc folder from your default ArmA directory (C:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA for me). Then, to use this mod, simply unzip it into your default ArmA directory. Finally, create/update a Windows shortcut to include [email protected]_Tracers [email protected]_Misc in the Target line. For example, the Target line for my ArmA shortcut is:

"C:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" [email protected]_Tracers [email protected]_Misc -mod=FDF_Sounds -nosplash

Note that this is an optional mod (like the FDF Sound Pack), so you don't NEED to have it to play on the Tactical Gamer ArmA servers.

Read about its development here.

SIX_Tracers-README_v0.1.txt:
    Code:
    6thSense.eu Presents: Tracers v0.1 ArmA v1.08 Compatible. (By Sickboy)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This Tracer Addon uses a tracer model instead of particle source. We are still considering using a particle source at the bullet as ignition/light source. FPS should be seriously increased compared to the hundreds/thousands of particles we used before ;-)

This tracer addon is based on many peoples addons, ideas, thoughts and other contributions. Though the current state of the package; config wise, model wise and script wise is a nearly completely rewritten and rebuild package, by Sickboy and Garlay. Credits are found at the end of this Readme.
    Installation

* This addon requires you to install @SIX_Misc. Please review the Docs.
        * Place the folder: @SIX_Tracers into your ArmA Installation Folder
        * Place the dta folder into your ArmA Installation Folder, so the contents of the dta folder should be copied to your arma\dta folder
        * Edit your ArmA shortcut to include the mod, add: [email protected]_Misc;@SIX_Tracers
              o or if you have multiple mods, per example: [email protected];@MAP_Air;@SIX_Misc;@SIX_Tracers 
        * If you wish to configure the Tracers manually (SinglePlayer?-only), please review dta\SIX_Tracers.hpp
        * Enjoy! Tracers are enabled on All Units and Vehicles
              o If you want to manually configure tracer settings inside a mission, please review @SIX_Tracers\docs\SIX_TracersCfg.hpp 

Demo Missions

* Demo1: Incl. Day & Night Time Choice
        * Demo2: Incl. Tracer Configuration on Mission Level, please review h\SIX_TracersCfg.hpp 

Notes

* The Mod disables default BIS Tracers, if you still see them you probably did not install the Addon right
              o Or another mod is overwriting ours, please disable others systematicly to check. 
        * You can also place the SIX_Misc/Tracer addon into any other modfolder to your likings.. just make sure the dta folder has the .hpp files
        * More Readme, Info, Screenshots, Demo Missions etc. etc. coming!
        * One can make his mission permanent compatible with SIX_Tracers, please review SIX_Misc Readme 

Variables (Though also setable through MissionConfigFile?)

* SIX_TRACER_REFRESH - Number (Default 30): Refresh time in seconds, how long pause between checks if new units are on the battlefield
        * SIX_TRACER_AUTO - Number (Default 1): Decides if the automatic tracer enabling should be activated. Use 0 to disable 

Credits

* BN880 - For his great tracers in OFP, which were a great inspiration
        * Wolfbane - For his excellent tracers in OFP, which were used as a base for the work Centipede did
        * Centipede & Kenbow - For their excellent conversion of WolfBane?'s Tracers: CENT Tracers.
        * ThePredator? - For his complete package of CENT Tracers bundled with his excellent config for disabling default BIS Tracers and adding Tracer Properties, aswell as lot's of input, testing, vids etc.
        * Garlay - For his Tracer Models, Vector tryouts & findings, config tests, etc. etc.
        * Simba - For his contributions at the BIS forums
        * MadDogX - For his contributions at the BIS forums
        * Anyone forgotten, please excuse me :| Thanks to all involved!
        * BIS - Thanks, for their great Game and continued Support! Aswell as thanks to the Mod, Script & Missionmake Community!
    Last edited by Strag; 06-19-2007, 07:22 PM.

Re: Realistic Tracers Mod

More progress is being made with this each day.
    Last edited by Strag; 06-08-2007, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I've tested this mod with one of my missions and it seems to be working nicely. Not only does it remove the default ArmA "Star Wars" lasers/tracers, but it adds a decent tracer effect to the various machineguns. Also, rifles no longer fire tracers.

To use this mod, download this file and unzip it into your default ArmA directory (C:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA for me). Then, create/update a Windows shortcut to include [email protected]_Tracers in the Target line. For example, the Target line for my 1.07 Beta shortcut is:

"C:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta [email protected]_Tracers -mod=FDF_Sounds -nosplash

Note that this is an optional mod (like the FDF Sound Pack), so you don't NEED to have it.

To see the effects of this mod, you must be playing a mission that has the mod built in. It won't work on missions that aren't set up for the mod.
      Last edited by Strag; 06-08-2007, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strag View Post
        To see the effects of this mod, you must be playing a mission that has the mod built in. It won't work on missions that aren't set up for the mod.
        Small question: If we're using this mod (via launching a shortcut), can we still play missions without the mod installed? (Poorly worded question!!...let me try again...)

MISSION W/ MOD --> PLAYER NO MOD = ????
        MISSION NO MOD --> PLAYER W/ MOD = ????

LOL! If you can say it...draw it!

I assume the interface is much like the sound mods, where a "cosmetic" change doesn't affect gameplay...and doesn't prevent non-users from participating.
        |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Originally posted by houdini View Post
          Small question: If we're using this mod (via launching a shortcut), can we still play missions without the mod installed?(Poorly worded question!!...let me try again...)

MISSION W/ MOD --> PLAYER NO MOD = ????
          MISSION NO MOD --> PLAYER W/ MOD = ????

LOL! If you can say it...draw it!

I assume the interface is much like the sound mods, where a "cosmetic" change doesn't affect gameplay...and doesn't prevent non-users from participating.
          In a word, yes.

I've tested both of the scenarios you listed above, and here's what I saw:

MISSION W/ MOD --> PLAYER NO MOD = Players see the normal ArmA "Star Wars" tracers AND the Realistic Tracer Mod tracers. This actually doesn't look too bad, but it doesn't look very realistic.

MISSION NO MOD --> PLAYER W/ MOD = Players see ONLY the normal ArmA "Star Wars" tracers.

Comment

Sickboy has made another update to the mod. His comments on this version:

But now I have found something I didn't expect!! I think the effect pretty much simulates the VBS2 tracers and I think with the right tweaking of:

- Size
            - Interval
            - Lifetime

we might have something nice on our hands now... though performance wise it might not be the best solution but lets test!

BETA4 Needs Feedback

Especially check the Vulcan to the East, it will open up on the choppers, pretty neat sight!
            Last edited by Strag; 06-08-2007, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Sickboy has made more updates, which are now available in the first post of this thread.

This mod no longer requires anything special in a mission for it to work. Like the FDF Sound Pack Mod, you simply unzip this tracer mod into your main ArmA directory and modify your ArmA Windows shortcut (see the first post of this thread for details).

Highly recommended, and very easy to use.

Comment

Sickboy has made more updates, which are now available in the first post of this thread.

Comment

Update -- most rifles now fire tracers only on the last five rounds in a magazine. I believe Sickboy is working on extending this to all rifles.

Comment

Another update. This mod should be very close to a full release now.

6thSense.eu Tracers v0.1RC6

- Added SIX_TracersCfg_SP configuration class check; When Single Player mode is activated, you can now override tracer settings if you have the SIX_TracersCfg_SP Addon installed and the SIX_TracersCfg_SP.hpp file configured. NOTE: Mission Settings precede SP Configuration!

- Rifle tracers disabled by default, check SIX_TracersCfg_SP.hpp for re-enabling inside SP Missions, SIX_TracersCfg.hpp for re-enabling inside MP Missions or the Addon Configuration itself for Default Configuration (Any mod is welcome to use)

- Fixed Rifles that shouldn't get tracers

- Moved Documents and examples to Docs folder

See the first post of this thread for download and installation details.

Comment

Looks good.

Something I saw in one of the readme's for the mods is using a ";" for multiple mods.
                      instead of:
                      "C:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta [email protected]_Tracers -mod=FDF_Sounds -nosplash

You could have:
                      "C:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;@SIX_Tracers;FDF_Sounds -nosplash

Nothing profound, but found it easier to update my new shortcuts when I reinstalled for 1.08. Easier to read in my opinion.
                      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Is there a point in getting this mod?I ask because someone last night said they believed the tracers are different from 1.07b anyway...?i dont no, i never really played then!

Comment

I really like this mod, but for some reason it wasn't working correctly for me when I tried out Evolution v3.0. It's painless to download it and try it out, and if you don't like it you can simply disable it in your shortcut.

Comment

This needs to be put in the evo 3.0 init.sqf on the server, then it will work again. Either it was already in 1.5 or one of the admins must have put it in there.

{{{
                            private ["_tracerInit"];
                            _tracerInit=getText (configFile >> "SIX_Tracer_EventHandlers" >> "Init");
                            if(_tracerInit != "")then{call compile _tracerInit};
                            }}}
                            |TG-Irr| Snake Doc

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeDoc View Post
                              This needs to be put in the evo 3.0 init.sqf on the server, then it will work again. Either it was already in 1.5 or one of the admins must have put it in there....
                              Do you have a link to where this is mentioned? I'd like to read more about it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X