Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a mission...

I had a good idea for a mission, but I need to know a few things:
    Is it possible to make a trigger refuel, repair, and re-arm say a helicopter if it were to land or be near the trigger?
    And also where would be the best place to start learning these such commands; because I've got the whole editor figured out, sans triggers and scripting.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Wolfetone; 06-04-2007, 08:06 PM. Reason: Forgot

Re: Help with a mission...

I forgot, I also would like to know if it's possible to put your own mp3 file into the music for a trigger.

Comment

Actually that script has been done. I have it and can PM it to you. There are allot of tricky details involviong that scripts due to the naming schemes and each aircraft type has to have thier own unique script. Get on TS and catch me for more details....

And yes the custom music is fairly easy with a quick mp3 conversion into a .ogg file as long as you add it to your description.ext.
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I'd appreciate it if you could PM the script. I sorta figured out scripts now.

Comment

Perhaps I spoke to soon, I am not able to figure out what I'm doing wrong with BigC's script. To the best of my knowledge, I am copying this right...again, this is to make a trigger service a helicopter when it is on the trigger.
          In BigC's script I am copying the following under the Sensors Class for the specific trigger and of course changing the parts to make sense with my mission:
          {
          position[]={16674.660156,52.742016,13797.403320};
          a=100.000000;
          b=100.000000;
          activationBy="VEHICLE";
          repeating=1;
          timeoutMin=1.000000;
          timeoutMid=1.000000;
          timeoutMax=1.000000;
          age="UNKNOWN";
          idVehicle=13; <idVehicle on my mission is 20>
          text="heli2"; <I named it heli2 on my mission>
          expCond="this && (getpos heli2 select 2 <= 0.5)";
          expActiv="[heli2] exec ""reload\AH6.sqs""";
          class Effects
          {
          voice="tune";
          };
          };

If I am reading this right...It should activated by a vehicle and if its an AH-6, it will get reloaded. I am unsure of what the "select 2 <= 0.5)";" means in the expCond. If anyone or BigC can help me I'd appreciate it, because to the best of my knowledge I am changing the script correctly...

Wolfetone

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfetone View Post
            I am unsure of what the "select 2 <= 0.5)";" means in the expCond.
            I believe that's the second argument returned from getPos, which should be the Y component (height above ground). If so, it's saying that height must be less than or equal to 0.5 before that particular condition is met.

Comment

Wolftone,

The script is fine, do not focus on it too much. The trick to the whole thing is the trigger. You have to create a trigger that matches the object to a event/script. If you open up the mission I gave you, not the raw files, but the whole thing in the editor you can see how easy it is to match the script to the helo.

Just make sure you match the correct helo (heli1) to the correct script. The one for the AH-6s is different. Now if you are trying to use East aircraft, I have them done as well.

DO NOT over analyze the script (it is not the important factor here), the whole setup should take less than 10 seconds to get working.

Here is a photo of the trigger:
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Still having trouble, but whatever. Guess this is the reason I never get far in any type of programming, always unabled to get a simple code to run right...

Anyway, can someone please write a simple tutorial that actually relates to ArmA. I'd appreciate it as I'm sure many others would too. Perhaps a short tutorial on making an AI Littlebird start on a landing pad and wait for for the player to get in before in takes off and the lands and let the player disembark? I've really been struggling with such a scenario.

Just thinking out-loud, thanks for the help.

Wolfetone

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X