Recommended Client-Side Mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Client-Side Mods

Below is a list of quality mods for Armed Assault. These are client-side mods, which means that the server does not need to have them in order for them to work. You can use these mods and connect to our servers.

To install, follow the directions included in the ReadMe file for each. You should be able to use multiple mods of different types at the same time (the FDF Sound Pack and the Sixth Sense Realistic Tracers Mod, for example), but not two mods of the same type at the same time (the FDF Sound Pack and the ModWar Sound Pack, for example).

Sound Mods
    FDF Sound Pack
    ModWar Sound Pack
    BPA Real Sound

Tracer Mods
    Sixth Sense Realistic Tracers Mod

View Mods
    TrueMods (Thanks, J.Agnew7!)

Effects Mods
    MadMan's Effects

TG Mod Pack
    TG Mod Pack

UPDATE: To play on TG servers, you are required to have the mods listed at this page. You may still download and use the mods listed above if you wish.
    Last edited by MarineSeaknight; 04-20-2009, 06:04 PM. Reason: Updated to reduce confusion between required mods hosted by TG and recommended ones.

Re: Recommended Client-Side Mods

G'Day Gentlemen
    I'm interested in installing the sound pack & tracer mod but I would like a little more info if possible.

1] If I use Kegetys ArmA launcher which seems to allow me select which mod & IF I want it loaded in, if so can I have multiples of the same mod ie 2 x tracers in & select the one I want.

2] On the tracer how is it set up??? Is there any contol over how much tracer shells are loaded ie Back in my Mil days we would add 1 in 5 to a Bren mag unless we were going for an igniter shoot on the target.
    The trouble with tracer is it points at both the target and the shooter so shoot and move was advisable. Any one know if the AI's or the targets react to the tracer any differently???

getting a bit deep here maybe.
    Rrggggggggr

Barnaby out
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
      G'Day Gentlemen
      I'm interested in installing the sound pack & tracer mod but I would like a little more info if possible.

1] If I use Kegetys ArmA launcher which seems to allow me select which mod & IF I want it loaded in, if so can I have multiples of the same mod ie 2 x tracers in & select the one I want.

2] On the tracer how is it set up??? Is there any contol over how much tracer shells are loaded ...

1) .. YEP..exactly as you state..select the one you want and it really just builds the appropriate Switches for the Executable.. The key is jut to have one Sound Mod at a time or life becomes FUBAR...

2) ..and NOPE.. with this Mod (tracers) you are at the mercy of the Map maker because it has to be Implemented first.. on the Client Side I do not believe you have any control on the Tracers... Although the Group is tweaking the thing all the time..so contact the group and suggest it and maybe you can get it to do what you want...
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

There is a configuration files for the tracer mods. It's a client side mod once enabled on the server. You can tweak some of the settings for each weapon. If you open the file the code is commented so you know what you are doing.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Which ArmA launcher does everyone recommend? I would prefer one that also handles the mods too.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmidty View Post
            Which ArmA launcher does everyone recommend? I would prefer one that also handles the mods too.
            Kegety's ARMA Launcher is pretty straight forward.. but GOARMA is more feature filled (AKA..Coonfusing and problematic).. But with GoArma you can do the custom faces pretty easily (Meaning use one already made..it's won't make on for you).

I use the WS_Launcher program (Windows Short Cut!) ..and just play with the command line..
            |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Strag et al-

I just wanted to confirm that the link to the realistic tracers mod is the one that has disabled the extra map markers. I do not want to use these (part of the SIX_MISC portion). When trying to place markers, I still see markers that others that don't have the mod can't see (which is confusing, in fact, the first marker that is offered, a cross, can't be seen by others). I have tried to sort through the RCx versions on the BI forums but am lost. Thanks!

EDIT: Please disregard, I found the answer...

...For those who don't know what I am talkng about, when you install the tracers mod, there are som additional features in the SIX_MISC required add-on that gives you the option of placing a lot of extra markers on the map in ArmA. The problem is, that if others players don't have the mod installed, they can't see them and you have to scroll through a lot of extra markers until you can get to the default ones that everyone can see. If you want to disable these extra markers, I have included instructions (from sickboy, the mod's creator) below:

1) Open up your default ArmA folder and then open the @SIX_Misc folder and then the Addons folder. Delete the file called: SIX_Markers.pbo.

2) Go back to the ArmA folder and open the dta folder. Inside there you will find a file called SIX_MISC.hpp. Open it with notepad, and where you see ""#define SIX_MARKERS" a couple of lines down, put "//" (makes it a comment) in front of it.
              Last edited by loyalguard; 06-29-2007, 10:40 AM.
              LoyalGuard

Comment

loyal, thanks for letting folks know about this.

sickboy decided to bundle his tracers mod in with his other Sixth Sense mods, which some folks didn't want. But, it is his mod, so of course he can do with it what he wants. I still wish he'd make the tracers separate, though, as many folks really don't want all the other stuff.

Comment

..Or I wish we all had the extra Markers!.. The ones on the Addons (This and Kegety's Client Side Observer mode) and much better then the included ones... In my Opinion...
                  |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

A concern
                    From Loyals post I can see he has identified a problem and its cure but ..............
                    as this post is headed RECOMENDED client side mods I wonder if it would be possible to have a set of TG mods all suitably "FIXED" for our use.
                    Then we would all be on the same page, also could this post be widened to include other suitable & vetted mods/addons ie like Fraps - TS overlay - ArmA launchers etc.
                    We would then have a 1-stop shop for all our needs which had been tested, fine tuned & approved for TG use by those that know.

This would lessen/remove the doubt and worry I have with messing with the game internals.

Regards

Barnaby out
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
                      A concern
                      From Loyals post I can see he has identified a problem and its cure but ..............
                      as this post is headed RECOMENDED client side mods I wonder if it would be possible to have a set of TG mods all suitably "FIXED" for our use.
                      Then we would all be on the same page, also could this post be widened to include other suitable & vetted mods/addons ie like Fraps - TS overlay - ArmA launchers etc.
                      We would then have a 1-stop shop for all our needs which had been tested, fine tuned & approved for TG use by those that know.

This would lessen/remove the doubt and worry I have with messing with the game internals.

Regards

Barnaby out
                      Well said Barnaby. I totally agree with this. We definately should have some conformity with ARMA mods and extra tools. It gets pretty confusing when we all try to figure out which mod is adding to the games experience. We all know that there are some pretty crappy mods out there and this protocol would remove alot of trial and error

Comment

To be honest, once ACE comes out I think we'll see standardisation. Ie, everyone uses ACE.

Comment

Yeah good point mingmong I'm new around here so I'm not up to speed ref what's what etc.
                          I've read something on ACE and it sure looks super realistic.

Also by trawling these forums I can see bits and pices of other useful addons + mods etc which would benefit all if they were vetted approved and placed under one stickey heading ---- I think, maybe, just possibly, could be good.... ;)
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I agree adding all the mods used by the TG ArmA SM/regulars would help the new players get up to speed by sending to one place to get everything they need.

I would like to see the "markers mod" added to the list in the first post.. I get an error everytime someone uses one.. I would add it to my mod list, but not tech savy enough to pull it out of the HUGE file, and cant find it seperately.
                            theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                            E Pluribus Unum
                            Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                            Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Voice Quiet

I've been liking this one so far. It disables the audio portion of all the radio contact reports. You get the text like usual so you won't miss out on orders. The bonus of using this instead of turning down radio volume is that AI respond to orders much faster.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X