Advanced Combat Environment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Combat Environment

As mentioned on many other forums and websites, Advanced Combat Environment (ACE) is a mod that should be a Big Deal for realism fans. Serious development should begin very soon, so hopefully we'll see an initial release within a couple of months.

Keep an eye on this one!

Re: Advanced Combat Environment

I will wait and see. I understand the whole old WGL mod well, but that is like saying "I am going to make a mission". I want dates and better details!!!
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

This will be the mod for realistic ArmA gameplay, no doubt about it. WGL completely changed the way I looked at OFP, and once my group tried it, we never went back to anything else. ACE will be the same, and I'm all sorts of excited to get started with testing it out.

Comment

I read through the posts, but nothing really said what the mods are. I did read about phases to it, but what will each one have? I am excited to see it come, but how or what will be the coorelation to the old mod?
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I loved WGL, and I'm definitely waiting for ACE mod.. Its #2 on my list next to YAASP

Comment

Same I loved WGl And I look forward to what Ace can do As wellc
            I came I saw I got blowed UP

Comment

yea i cant wait for this to come out its like the mother of all mods. But i have a question will TG be using it because cause im only going to play with this mod nothin else.

Comment

Rgr!...I am interested to see how it will be used by different clans. we all have our own different perceptions of reality.
                GHWY
                Because Lightspeed is superior to Soundspeed some individuals look brilliant before sounding stupid:row__572:

Comment

Unfortunately, some potentially bad news on this mod inthe below thread from ACE team member Sig USMC.

BIS Forums - Advanced Combat Environment Thread:

...As for the future of ACE I'm still debating on what to do, as many of you know some of the community is a little irritated with BIS and I'm one of them as well. I can't say I really want to continue the project if ArmA 2 will be released in a year and we won't be able to port over the MOD. (TBD)

I just don't see spending the couple of months developing ACE like WGL just so that it will be obsolete in 6 months when ARMA 2 is released. To me it's a waste of time and energy for the rest of the team.

I will say that maybe we will release some individual add-ons instead.

I really have to apologize to everyone and am truly sorry it has come down to this,I know everyone was really looking forward to this MOD and I really enjoyed working on it...
                  LoyalGuard

Comment

I was under the impression that any mods/scripts done for ArmA will work no problem for ArmA2

Comment

Originally posted by loyalguard View Post
                      Unfortunately, some potentially bad news on this mod inthe below thread from ACE team member Sig USMC.
                      Quite the opposite. It was unfortunate timing for him to post that, and you'll probably see a clarification of that post today. The situation is actually good - better than it was before. There was a lot of miscommunication before and now it's being worked out. I've been talking with Sig for the last hour or so clarifying various things, and I'm confident that ACE is now actually on track for a release in the future. Not necessarily a month or two months from now, but I think it's on track to actually happen versus the kind of nebulous state it was in for the past few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                        Quite the opposite. It was unfortunate timing for him to post that, and you'll probably see a clarification of that post today. The situation is actually good - better than it was before. There was a lot of miscommunication before and now it's being worked out. I've been talking with Sig for the last hour or so clarifying various things, and I'm confident that ACE is now actually on track for a release in the future. Not necessarily a month or two months from now, but I think it's on track to actually happen versus the kind of nebulous state it was in for the past few months.
                        Thanks expanding Dslyecxi!
                        LoyalGuard

Comment

Originally posted by loyalguard View Post
                          Thanks expanding Dslyecxi!
                          From Sig, same thread:
                          Prior to talking with Dslyecxi today I would have shut down ACE and waited for ArmA II to start the mod back up, but apperently BIS will support the porting over of mods which was my only gripe.

With that being said Pheaden has agreed to forward me the most recent files of ACE and we will continue on with the project. Currently give us a few days to get everything together and contact some individuals about continuing working on ACE.

Thanks everyone for the support especially ShackTac.
                          :icon_cool

Comment

This may be a noobish question, but I never played WGL so i have no basis for comparison. To what extent will the game be modded? Are the effects and what not going to be modified similar to XAM, or does it pertain mostly to the damage models, ballistics and such. The only reason I ask is because XAM makes my system tank to 5fps so if ACE is going to be similar in what it modifies then I won't be looking forward to it as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiddlestx View Post
                              This may be a noobish question, but I never played WGL so i have no basis for comparison. To what extent will the game be modded? Are the effects and what not going to be modified similar to XAM, or does it pertain mostly to the damage models, ballistics and such. The only reason I ask is because XAM makes my system tank to 5fps so if ACE is going to be similar in what it modifies then I won't be looking forward to it as much.
                              XAM is a hell of a lot of bloat. ACE won't be like that.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X