Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mods

    Just a few Questions...is the tracer mod working on the Evo server?it didnt seem to be!....Also, there were a few Blue on Blue incidents tonight, with aircraft. Although caused by a bug, it got me thinking, how cool would it be to have those glow things on friendly helmets at night, so that they can be more easily seen from the air?

  • #2
    Re: Mods

    Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
    Just a few Questions...is the tracer mod working on the Evo server?it didnt seem to be!....Also, there were a few Blue on Blue incidents tonight, with aircraft. Although caused by a bug, it got me thinking, how cool would it be to have those glow things on friendly helmets at night, so that they can be more easily seen from the air?
    The BAS soldiers for OFP had cat eyes on the backs of their helmet that worked nicely. They weren't anything like glint tape (which is what you're talking about AFAIK), but they worked basically the way they were supposed to and were a nice touch. The ArmA cat eyes don't function the same, unfortunately.

    I would like to see IR in ArmA - IR designators, strobes, flares, etc. However, I don't think that glint tape a real solution to CAS, especially in Evolution where there are so many piles of dead friendlies (due to respawns) that you'll have IR tags showing up all over the ground. The only real reliable way to prevent FF CAS incidents is with good coordination between the ground and air people, or with enhanced group markers that give better situational awareness to everyone involved.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Mods

      the tracers do work, sometimes though i've found u need to re join, so its best to mount a 50 at base and give them a shot before heading out to make sure they work

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Mods

        You might need to update also, Six releases SIX_tracers in a pack now, and the SIX_Misc addon the pack comes with is necessary for it to work. The misc addon does some other useful things though, check it's config file in the DTA folder if you install it. You can enable or disable the radio voice sounds, have all squad leaders shown on your map, etc.
        |TG-Irr| Snake Doc



        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Mods

          Originally posted by SnakeDoc View Post
          You might need to update also, Six releases SIX_tracers in a pack now, and the SIX_Misc addon the pack comes with is necessary for it to work. The misc addon does some other useful things though, check it's config file in the DTA folder if you install it. You can enable or disable the radio voice sounds, have all squad leaders shown on your map, etc.
          Snake.. Do you know where I can get instructions on Editing the config to make it do all the Magic???

          Thanks!
          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
          ..now where did I put my keys?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Mods

            Originally posted by peardog View Post
            Snake.. Do you know where I can get instructions on Editing the config to make it do all the Magic???

            Thanks!
            Pear-

            If you loom at my post in the other thread about disabling the extra markers, if you edit the same. SIX_MISC.hpp file, you fill see other lines for the radio and other features. Each one has a comment so they should be easy to find. there is also a read me in the download.
            LoyalGuard

            Comment

            Connect

            Collapse

            TeamSpeak 3 Server

            Collapse

            Advertisement

            Collapse

            Twitter Feed

            Collapse

            Working...
            X