6thSense ArmA Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6thSense ArmA Mod

Ok Folks..I cannot keep this MOD straight... Do we download the WHOLE 600 meg mod and use only a portion of it by Commenting out the Config?? Or is there a Tracer only portion? Talk to me people.. I wanna see pretty lights..

|TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: 6thSense ArmA Mod

i have no idea where you got 600 megs. it's 1.7

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...T;f=70;t=64542

Comment

I used the same link Sticky did and got it to work, here are the little quirks:

-The download is RAR format so you need a RAR extractor
      -After you DL and extract, there will be several folders, you only need two tracers: Misc_v0.1 & Tracers_v0.1
      -Open the Misc_v0.1 folder and copy the @SIX_Misc and dta folders finto your ArmA folder.
      -Open the Tracers_v0.1 folder and copy the @SIX_Tracers and dta folders finto your ArmA folder.
      -Each time you do this you will get a message asking to overwrite files in the ArmA dta folder, say yes.
      -Then follow the instructions in the other thread how to change the config.

Let me know if you have any probs
      LoyalGuard

Comment

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
        i have no idea where you got 600 megs. it's 1.7
        * 6thSense.eu Mod v0.85 (4 Mirrors) (500MB, Windows NSIS Setup). Please use the Mod Update Check from the 6thSense.eu ArmA startmenu folder for further updates!
        * 6thSense.eu Mod Demo MPMissions '''v2''' (4 Mirrors) (Edited BIS ArmA MP Missions and some Demo Missions, incl. AI-Manager Demo Missions)
        o ArmAHolic Mirro

Sorry..I got it from their home page... for their servers... http://trac.6thsense.eu:800/arma/tra...Sense.eu%20Mod

Thanks for the Link tho.
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Thanks for the info Guys...
          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

That thread updates pretty often too, it's on RC8 now and it was 6 just a couple days ago. Make sure you check out the settings file for both tracers and misc (they're under the DTA directory that goes in your arma folder, don't forget to copy those from the mod folder in the pack)

for example the squad leader tracking isn't enabled by default I think, and it doesn't disable radio voices by default (I can't stand them being on)
            |TG-Irr| Snake Doc

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeDoc View Post
              That thread updates pretty often too, it's on RC8 now and it was 6 just a couple days ago. Make sure you check out the settings file for both tracers and misc (they're under the DTA directory that goes in your arma folder, don't forget to copy those from the mod folder in the pack)

for example the squad leader tracking isn't enabled by default I think, and it doesn't disable radio voices by default (I can't stand them being on)
              Ok..ya lost me here..(not why but HOW) Ther are apparently Config files for the Tracers in the DTA folder... that need UnCommented or something? Could you give an example of what I (or the Generally interested TG community) would need to fix to make the Changes you spec'ed out (SL and radio voice disable)..

THanks!
              |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Here is how to change those configurable options: In the dta folder, open the SIX_Misc.hpp with notepad (or other text editor). The first several lines should like the following:

Code:
                // Comment the following line to disable Radio-Voices
                #define SIX_VOICE_ENA

// Change the Chat FontSize
                #define SIX_CHAT_FONTSIZE 0.018; // Default: 0.021

// Change the Amount of Chat Rows
                #define SIX_CHAT_ROWS_DEFAULT 8; // Default: 4
                #define SIX_CHAT_ROWS_OTHER 12; // Default: 8

// Change Y Position of Ingame/Mission/Map Chatbox
                #define SIX_CHAT_Y_OTHER 0.68; // Default: 0.75

// Settings used for tracker script
                #define SIX_TRACK_sizeX 0.5;
                #define SIX_TRACK_sizeY 0.5;

// Comment the following line to disable SIX_Markers and let the tracker script use Original ArmA BIS Markers
                #define SIX_MARKERS

class SIX_Misc
                {
                	tracking = 0; // 0 - disable.  1 - enable
                	bodyR = 0; // 0 - disable. 1 - enable
                To diasable the radio voices, find this section (at the top shown in red in the example above):

Code:
                #define SIX_VOICE_ENA
                and put "//" in front of "#define SIX_VOICE_ENA" so it looks like this:

Code:
                // #define SIX_VOICE_ENA
                To disable the extra markers, do the same for the marker line (shown in green in the example above) so it looks like this:

Code:
                // Comment the following line to disable SIX_Markers and let the tracker script use Original ArmA BIS Markers
                // #define SIX_MARKERS
                After disabling the markers, be sure to also delete SIX_Markers.pbo file in .../ArmA/@SIX_Misc/Addons.

To enable SL (and other tracking I think) you must have the SIX_Markers.pbo and do NOT place "//" in front of :#define SIX_MARKERS". You must also do the following (lines shown in blue in the example above):

Change:

Code:
                by changing the the 0 to 1 so it looks like this:

Code:
                tracking = 1; // 0 - disable.  1 - enable
                p.s. I have not disabled voices or enable tracking personally but I believe that is how to do it according to the 6thsense provided info. Good luck!
                LoyalGuard

Comment

Originally posted by loyalguard View Post
                  Here is how to change those configurable options....
                  Your post illustrates why many of us were asking sickboy to keep his SIX_Tracers mod separate from the other Sixth Sense mods. To him, uncommenting a few lines or changing a few options isn't a big deal, but to others, it makes his mod almost unusable. It would be great if he'd make a "drop in" version of the mod for folks who just want to unzip it, modify their ArmA shortcut, and have it work.

In a more general sense (for those wondering about it in other threads), the main reason we haven't built a definitive "TG preferred mod" by assembling several other good mods is because many of these mods keep changing on a regular (sometimes daily) basis. Once these mods reach a stable point in their development, we may combine them into one mod. Keep in mind, though, that other people have created this work, and they may not approve of us picking apart their work piecemeal and including it in a mod that we want specifically for our community's purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by loyalguard View Post
                    To disable the extra markers, do the same for the marker line (shown in green in the example above) so it looks like this:

Code:
                    // #define SIX_MARKERS
                    After disabling the markers, be sure to also delete SIX_Markers.pbo file in .../ArmA/@SIX_Misc/Addons.

To enable SL (and other tracking I think) you must have the SIX_Markers.pbo and do NOT place "//" in front of :#define SIX_MARKERS". You must also do the following (lines shown in blue in the example above):

Change:

Code:
                    by changing the the 0 to 1 so it looks like this:

Code:
                    tracking = 1; // 0 - disable.  1 - enable
                    p.s. I have not disabled voices or enable tracking personally but I believe that is how to do it according to the 6thsense provided info. Good luck!
                    You're almost 100%. the #define SIX_MARKERS line just makes it so the tracking system uses the built in markers (specifically a small blue square) instead of the extra markers the MISC mod comes with. The tracking option is very useful, mostly in evo though where people are usually their own squad leader. It shows you where all the other squad leaders are on the map.

Also there's really no reason to delete the marker pbo file IMO, I like all the extra markers. It would be nice if everyone had it installed but they'll just see an exclamation point instead of the custom marker on the map. Having them doesn't remove the normal game ones, you just have to scroll through the list in a different direction to get to them faster.
                    |TG-Irr| Snake Doc

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeDoc View Post
                      Also there's really no reason to delete the marker pbo file IMO, I like all the extra markers. It would be nice if everyone had it installed but they'll just see an exclamation point instead of the custom marker on the map. Having them doesn't remove the normal game ones, you just have to scroll through the list in a different direction to get to them faster.
                      I agree with you Snake and I really do like the extra markers, but I decided to delete the extras b/c I found since I SL a lot now in ArmA, I want to be able to place a marker and get back to business quiuckly. I can now usually place a marker with comments in 5-10 secs whereas when I had to scroll thru all the extra ones it took me 20+ secs. The real root of the problem is that they extra markers appear first causing you to scroll through them to get to the basic ones. I don't know if they are mized or groued together so I guess you could scroll backwards if they were seperate...I'll have to investigate further.
                      LoyalGuard

Comment

Good Stuff Guys..Thanks for the Info!!! A commenting I will go.....
                        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

LOL, RC9 was release today...it never ends. This time it adds enhanced blood effects and bleeding...
                          LoyalGuard

Comment

The last two releases, I don't get tracers with US small arms. While I can live without it in the rifles, I would like the M249 to have tracers. The M240 fires a different ammo type so it works.

I looked through the config file and it has an "enable_tracer" or something for the M16 ammo type of which the M249 inherits its effects from. I changed this from 0(false) to 1(true) but I have not seen any changes. Anyone have any ideas?
                            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

New release last night Khan, v0.2RC1 - Have tried that one yet...I have it installed but haven't used it yet...will try soon.
                              LoyalGuard

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X