TEXT COMMS: Any Tips or Tools?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEXT COMMS: Any Tips or Tools?

On the Topic of COMMS: Are there any Tips as to making it Easier for folks to Use the Type/Text Comms..? I was thinking any External MACRO software or such thing? I use the G15 and am not having any luck getting anything mut the "/" key to open a text window..the Message i want to send out isn't making it through for some reason (even with recorded delays)..
    (I am talking about... hit one Key and get a pretyped message broadcast..).

Why, oh why, wasn't this a Built in function... Seems simple enough?? Maybe a third party MOD can fix this?
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: TEXT COMMS: Any Tips or Tools?

I agree it would be nice to have this. What about AutoHotKey?

I have been trying this with Shoot 1.6 today (see my other thread on voice recognition and ArmA) with some pretty decent results. I've done two commands so far as examples:

1. Shilka, spotted and marked, location: ______

2. Requesting Extract, Squad ___

How they work:

I say "Shilka" and Shoot sends the following keys to Arma:

/Shilka, spotted and marked, location:

Then I can type the map grid reference, general location (NE of Cayo) or whatever. I press enter and voila!

The Squad extract example works the same, I say "Request Extract" and then just type the squad number and location the press enter.

These are just examples I was playing with, the format can be standardized to SOP. The only contstraint is that you have to leave a space for variables at the end for squad, location, etc. unless you want to arrow space back in the chat input box.
    LoyalGuard

Comment

Loyal, I think the SHOOT may be the way to go...
      What is the AUTOHOTKEY you mention??
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
        Loyal, I think the SHOOT may be the way to go...
        What is the AUTOHOTKEY you mention??
        http://www.autohotkey.com/

From the website:

AutoHotkey is a free, open-source utility for Windows. With it, you can:

Automate almost anything by sending keystrokes and mouse clicks. You can write a mouse or keyboard macro by hand or use the macro recorder.

Create hotkeys for keyboard, joystick, and mouse. Virtually any key, button, or combination can become a hotkey.

Expand abbreviations as you type them. For example, typing "btw" can automatically produce "by the way".

Create custom data-entry forms, user interfaces, and menu bars. See GUI for details.

Remap keys and buttons on your keyboard, joystick, and mouse.

Respond to signals from hand-held remote controls via the WinLIRC client script.

Run existing AutoIt v2 scripts and enhance them with new capabilities.

Convert any script into an EXE file that can be run on computers that don't have AutoHotkey installed.
        I assume it works with ArmA, I haven't tried it yet though.
        LoyalGuard

Comment

Heh Sorry..I guess there is this little known Web App named "Google" that I could have used... ;-)
          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...