Mission Idea: Manhunt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Idea: Manhunt

Simple: 1 team (max 3 players) play the Hunted.

Everyone else are the hunters.

Hunted travel on foot. They start in a random location and must traverse their way to a random point within a very large "finish zone". Everyone else hunts the Hunted, using vehicles, helicopters, jets, etc.

Re: Mission Idea: Manhunt

Sounds fun actually.

Comment

Your idea is one of the final tests you have to pass in the IAF's pilot's training program. Sounds great.

Comment

I want in!
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

So if I'm the hunted, is it ok for me to kill everyone then escape, or should I escape and leave everyone alive?
          |TG|Switch

Better known as:
          That noob who crashed the chopper.
          That noob who ran over the mine.
          That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
          That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

I believe you would have free-reign to do as you wish as the Hunted (so long as you stay on the ground... no air vehicles). It'd have to go through some play-testing to see if a Hunted player stealing a vehicle would ruin the game or not. Keep in mind, killing everyone you see would most likely bring the entire Hunter team down on you.

In any case, its just an idea. I really have no idea how to implement it within game.

Comment

It should be a downed pilot scenario. He has limited weapons, and must reach a certain EXT point.

Comment

I'd love to get a good camping spot with an m24. Make it like the movie "Shooter".

Comment

aka...SERIAL KILLER ??? It was great fun in OFP...how about ARMA??
                  |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                  ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I'm so in. I want to be one of the hunted!
                    | | |

Comment

There is a mission like this in OFP and now in Arma, its the Serial Killer mission...

Someone on teamspeak found it for me, I think it was Switch or TheDebate... Its a great mission and FUN!!!

And also its non-evo!!!! :-D

Comment

Me! Debate! MEEEEEEEEEEEE! I found it! It's mine my precioussssssssss! I'm talking to Shiner about putting it up. There are 3 serial killers and 24 cops. The serial killers have to eliminate so many civilians around the southern part of the island and escape. The cops have to eliminate all 3 serial killers before it's too late. When a serial killer is "killed" he is put in jail and the remaining serial killer(s) can try and bust him out and head back out to the killing!

Comment

Yes -- I'm responsible for getting us the Returning Home mission
                          |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

The race mission we played was a lot like what you described, except that the hunted team gets vehicles. I thought it was a lot of fun and would be moreso with 20 people.

Playing that mission also gave me the idea of a different kind of man hunt. Players would be restricted to one city where there are 30-40 civilians and 5-10 police. 2 or 3 players would be on the civilian team while the police force would be all human. The objective would be to pick out the human civilians based on their movement and then kill them. Points would be given for killing a human player and taken away for killing an AI. I would like to make this, but don't think I'm good enough at scripting to accomplish the task of making the AI civilians have randomized tasks to make them look natural.

Comment

We now have serial killer up on the server --- if we could only pull away a full evo server of 20 people and give it a shot!

From what I've seen of it, I could recommend a few changes to make it funnerer, if anyones up to the task....
                              |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X