Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evading Fixed Wings in an AH-6

Hey Guys,
    Does anyone have any suggestions on evading fixed wing aircraft while flying an AH-6? They seem very hard to shake once they have started to follow you. I had made three successful insertions last night under AA cover, only to be shot down by a fixed wing once I had exited the area. Sadly the last time this happened I was extracting a squad carrying an officer back to main base. If anyone has any suggestions please post them. Thanks

-Farmon

Re: Evading Fixed Wings in an AH-6

Fly as low as you can, and put as much obscuration between you and it as possible. Duck into clearings in forests, fly in valleys, hide behind or among buildings. Move after it makes a pass, and immediately move to another covered position. If caught in the open, fly perpendicular to it when it makes an attack run.

Really, the only sure-fire way to survive is to continually put something solid between you and it. You're a helo, you can hover. Take advantage of that fact.

If you want to game the game, land and wait for it to go away. It won't attack an empty helo.

Comment

If you do happen to see tracer fire go wizing by and don't die immediatly. Bank hard right the left, or vice versa the su tends to go flying past. Then do like dslyecxi said, hug the ground.

Comment

Just hit the brakes. Like mentioned above, hover, the fixed wing will fly past. This should give you a few moments to locate a hiding spot.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Go command channel and ask someone to shoot down the damn jet. Those harriers just sit at base collecting dust.
          |TG|Switch

Better known as:
          That noob who crashed the chopper.
          That noob who ran over the mine.
          That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
          That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
            Go command channel and ask someone to shoot down the damn jet. Those harriers just sit at base collecting dust.
            Remember, there are more missions than Evolution. Some don't have harriers.
            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I just fly with stingers since Evo 3.0, I usually carry 2 stingers and an m9, when I think the Sukhoi has spotted me I just land, fire a stinger at it and leave. Its really annoying because you know there will be another flying around in just a few minutes. Other than that try what everyone else said, it will still get you sometimes, nothing you can do about it.

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
              Evil Koala
              LeftSkidLow

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse