Way of realistically implementing revives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way of realistically implementing revives

I know there are many who feel revives are unrealistic. I personally think that if done right, they could add to the realism. First step is to get the image of the BF2 revive out of mind. No running, zapping, reviving. Here is a video showcasing such a script for ArmA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zdcLWKcM5w

Note that not all injuries would be revivable. Head shots, explosions, and other heavy weapons injuries would be final. The example shown in the video should NOT be revivable IMO, but it serves the purpose of getting a discussion going, as it shows what happens from the POV of the revived, reviver and enemy. Your thoughts?

Re: Way of realistically implementing revives

Nice vid!. This is known as the Norrin revive script (named after he creator). There was some heavy debate on the BIS forums whether it should be added to to evo 3.0 or future revisions..jury is still out but I think it is something to consider if:

-You can't be revived every time
    -You still have to be healed (and prefarably medevaced somewhere (a MASH/ med 113) to be healed,
    LoyalGuard

Comment

Re: Way of realistically implementing revives

Ok..this would be a GREAT idea for EVO medics... I have seen lately that the Engineer Slot fills quickly and there are few (if any) medics. With this script I think there will be a renewed interest in the Medic Slot...
      And I would call on any of the COOP map makers to use a script like this in Lieu of Auto Respawn... RELY ON YOUR SQUADMATES!!!..
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...