Sandbox training mission V1.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandbox training mission V1.0

I chose to put this in here for greater visibility. But I will understand if the mods choose to move this post to another forum.

A guy by the name of Gahlas has been building for me a sort of very simple 'training sandbox" mission that I designed. and it is definitely in a useable state for many things now. So I would like to share it with you all. As soon as I find a place to host the file, i will post that link in here too. In the meantime, if anyone wants it, just grab me on xfire. I go by "Sleepdoc". (shocker ...eh?)

Here is what it basically is

1. You spawn at base.

2. There are enough slots for up to 64 people at teh freindly base and 64 at the enemy base (overkill to be sure)

3. the freindly base has every fredinly asset known to man and some enemy assets all nicely laid out.

4. there are many of every asset. not just one. vehicles, helis, planes etc

5. If you tell the game when you first get in to turn off all AI (a single click), there will be no AI in the whole island of Sharani. Just you, your buddies and your assets.

6. there are absolutely no restrictions to gain access to any asset. this includes weapons. all gear boxes have everything and in large numbers.

7. All equipment respawns at the base. (200 seconds after abandonment or instantly if destroyed)

8. When you die, you respawn exactly where you died, in one second. this is so accidents while testing splass damage radii, freindly fire accidents etc, do not interfere with ongoing training. You died, you know why, you keep going.

9. there is an "enemy base" (really just another massive collection of high end assets in rows) on the other side of the POW camp, just around the corner from the freindly base. BDRMs, T-72s Shilkas, different UAZs and such. its a nice way to get familiar with the enemy equipment and why they are to be feared.....

Remember. it is not a mission per se. just a simple, easy to use training sandbox to meet freinds, get anything and everything you might want to try to learn on real fast, and get going without ever getting shot at.

So it is certainly not a training ground for AI attacks. But you could easily use it for sniper couner technique training by making one guy the sniper. etc In other words, any scenario could qiuckly be assembled for opfor based training. Your limited by your creativity in many cases.

Gahlas and I have been messing with it for a few nights now and I have been able to do some good training sessions with other friends as well. It is not perfect and does not meet everyone's unique training requirements. But its a nice tool to have in the bag. and we are looking for ideas on how to improve it. so all recommendations welcomed. Also, he has approved it for free use and distribution. So feel free to grab a copy, pass it long, put it on a web site for others etc.
    Last edited by Sleepdoc; 07-14-2007, 06:37 PM.
    Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Re: Sandbox training mission V1.0

Excellent. I've been waiting for a MP map like this (I was actually just going to start making such a map). Ive really wanted to test out CAS with a GBU harrier and laser designators, but AI obviously lacks the intelligence (Imagine that). Hope we can get a few to try this mission out sometime.

Comment

Re: Sandbox training mission V1.0

Originally posted by Wolfetone View Post
      Excellent. I've been waiting for a MP map like this (I was actually just going to start making such a map). Ive really wanted to test out CAS with a GBU harrier and laser designators, but AI obviously lacks the intelligence (Imagine that). Hope we can get a few to try this mission out sometime.
      There have been a few minor updates.

if you step out of your heli or vehicle to walk around, it will stay whre you left it mich longger now. not 200 seconds. more like a few thousand seconds ...... much more useful ......

I am trying to get a script written (by someone else ..i dont have the talent) that alolows you,w hen you die, to instantly choose wher you want to be respawned

1. where you died (as it is now)
      2. back at frinedly base
      3. back at enemy base
      4. in the center of a wide variety of major cities in sahrani...

xfire me for the file and ill give it to you.

Glenn
      Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X