Which Joystick???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Joystick???

Ok, I need a new joystick since my new mobo doesn't have game port on it... So i'll have to get one that is USB connected... I was taking a look around, and I found the Saitek Cyborg Graphite. Is this any good?

Requirements: controllable throttle switch!!!
    |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Re: Which Joystick???

Saitek has a Refurb section. They have a X52(stick and throttle) for 69 then ur tax's and shipping.

http://saitekusa.stores.yahoo.net/recprod.html

Comment

Kevlar. You failed to mention your budget

Get an X-52 for about a 100 bucks. You will not be dissapointed. it will meet the complex needs of PC games for years to come. You will be stunned how good it is and just how much it can do as you go from ArmA to flight sims, to helisims, to space ship sims, to driving sims etc.

Getting a truly programmable HOTAS like and X-52 is never a mistake.

If you can cough up 200 bucks, get an X-52 Pro.
      Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

Hum, I saw that one but i think it's really too much for me...

Right now I have an old ass Microsoft Sidewinder Pro here, not even USB, and that is pretty much enough for me, I have a lot of fun and have no problem at all flying in either sims (Lock On) or games like BF2, so I don't think I'll have any problems flying in ArmA with a joystick as simple as that.

All I really want is a 100% controlable throttle switch (like this Sidewinder has) so I can control the speed of my aircraft all the way.

I was taking a look at some joys, the Saitek Cyborg Graphite seemed enough for my needs, what you guys think of it? And what about the Saitek Cyborg Evo?
        |TG-69th|Kevlar

Comment

I used to have an Evo and liked it. I've also heard the Aviator is good...

Comment

Using the X-52 Pro stick and throttle myself at the moment. Looks great, feels solid, and the fact that every button is programmable is very nice indeed. Works really well in BF2, BF2142 and ArmA. If that's too expensive, I know a few peeps that say good things about Evos...
            Last edited by Coz; 07-24-2007, 01:52 AM. Reason: Typo
            “The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane”.

Comment

I have the X-52 (not pro) and its excellent, you really notice the difference. Also, as the throttle and stick are separate it feels more immersive as you aren't leaning to one side.

I used to have the Evo, its a good stick for its price, but the X52 is well worth the extra money.
              "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's all heavens, but it's waaaaaaay expensive...

I think I'll go for the Evo, as I said, it's pretty much all I need.

Thanks for all the info guys! =)
                |TG-69th|Kevlar

Comment

Okay, I am too about to get a joystick soon again for some other games, does the X-52 work with ALL of the control functions in EVO?

Comment

Vega,

The X-52 is out there for about 110 clams. The x-52 pro at about 200.

For me, the key is that the throttle be in my left hand and the stick in my right. this seperation creates a level of control and immersion you simply dont get from a simple joystick.

And yes. All the vehicular controls can be controlled from the X-52 (or pro) without touching the keyboard or mouse. obviusly, I'm not talking about the soldier. only the vehicles. but throttle, lock target, next target, change weapons etc etc etc.. all programmable to keep those functions entirely on the stick and throttle. Hence the term HOTAS (Hands on throttle and stick). your hands don't need to come off during flight or flight in a vehicle. its a thing of beauty, and a lot of fun.

And although split throttle and stick combos work great on desks to, you can always try to grab the right kind of chair and make one of these (The image here has my old thrustmaster HOTAS ...but you get the idea ...)

Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

Hehe, nice setup.

Yeah, using the X52 driving a tank is a lot of fun also.
                      "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

The X-52 is nice, but compared to other sticks it has pretty weak centering. It will definitely suit your needs for flight sims, but I used to use my old Logitech Wingman 3d for driving sims and the X52 just doesn't have the same tight feel to it.

Saitek has GREAT drivers and software, so I'd recommend just about anything they make.

Comment

Originally posted by juke View Post
                          The X-52 is nice, but compared to other sticks it has pretty weak centering. It will definitely suit your needs for flight sims, but I used to use my old Logitech Wingman 3d for driving sims and the X52 just doesn't have the same tight feel to it.

Saitek has GREAT drivers and software, so I'd recommend just about anything they make.
                          Mmm, had some problems with my decelleration and acceleration on the X-52 Pro throttle. Might be ArmA, as I've heard that the game with patch 1.08 doesn't support precise, gradual throttle increases/decreases. Gotten somewhat used to it, but at times it goes totally out of whack. Might have to re-check the deadzones again...
                          “The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane”.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X