sight adjustment, and realisitc ballistics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sight adjustment, and realisitc ballistics

Both of these can be found in the ArmA- Addons & Mods: Complete section on the official forums. I would post a link but it's giving me an error message because I have less than 15 posts :/

These are two really cool mods that have been on the official forums for a little while. the first one adds the ability to adjust windage and elevation when sniping. Other people in the thread are also making in game range cards and I believe someone made a spotter script that gives out range and windage data. Pretty cool stuff.

The thread is called: SightAdjustment (windage+elevation)

This one Modifies the ballistics for every round in the game to make them close to identical to their real life counterparts. It also changes their dispersion values at range. Two properly calibrated ACOG scopes are included with this as well. He even threw in a mod for range finding bino's, no idea how to use them though :)

Thread is named: Realistic Ballistics

Re: sight adjustment, and realisitc ballistics

Thanks for the tips fiddle. I will link them here for you

Sight Adjustment: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...ightadjustment

Realistic Bullets: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...ightadjustment

I should note that the admins are researching how we can support an "open" environment that takes advantage of these many addons & mods without compromising our ability to ensure a fair environment for everyone. As we increasingly integrate TvT into the play sessions here, I don't think we want everyone playing with different "levels" of the game.

Comment

Both of these have been updated

Windage + elevation
      http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...0;t=65706;st=0
      Added an ingame range card feature that is customizable to your liking with the ability to add range adjustments for any weapon at any range for reference.

Realistic Ballistics
      http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...T;f=70;t=66195
      Updated ballistics for rockets and small arms, new scope reticules, range finding binos with the proper zoom, and integration into the Windage and Elevation adjustment mod.

Good news for snipers :)

Comment

With these mods, can anyone just add them on and get the full use of their functionality on either of our servers? Or would their use have to be enabled within the mission via scripting or something?
        | | |

Comment

They are Client side, which is better in my opinion since it would royally screw up the AI's ability to aim.

Comment

Neat, I'll have to check these out then. I was under the impression that certain functions in mods like XAM had to be written into the mission in order to get full functionality out of them.
            | | |

Comment

Might be interesting to read the earlier thread about "How to snipe in ArmA using the M24". You should find some links there that include useful info not found in the official forums. ;)

I'm still trying to custom code the M107 zeroing distance and exceeding ranges into the mod though. It seems to be slightly off still. :/
              “The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane”.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X