FDF, ModWar or CSM?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDF, ModWar or CSM?

FDF, ModWar or CSM all seem to be popular, but I'm trying to figure out which is 'the best'.

So far I've tried CSM (currently being used) which I like, the weapons sound good and it has been updated recently. But the rest of the sounds aren't modded.

I've also tried ModWar, which mods a lot more of the sounds, but I didn't really notice the difference that much, the weapons didn't sound as good as CSM and some of the vehicles just didn't sound right (the tanks sounded like the A-10 taking off).

I have FDF but I haven't tried it yet, so I can't comment on that one.

What do people on here think of these mods? Any particular favourites?
    "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Re: FDF, ModWar or CSM?

I too have CSM and ModWar and have used both and I prefer ModWar, I am about to DL FDF now and give it a shot and will report my thoughts on FDF
    PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

I've got ModWar and FDF and I strongly prefer ModWar. FDF just sounds like crap actually. I have indeed heard alot of good things about Chammy's Sound Mod but I don't feel like checking it out because ModWar is just very nice. I wouldn't want anything else :)

Comment

I love FDF! =)

You guys should try it!

EDIT: but again, I haven't tryed any others... I played using the XAM 1.3 mod, and the sounds are really cool, but lags the hell outta the game!
        |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

I've tried all 3, ModWar is the best imo the sounds are good and the m-16 is the closest I've hard to the real thing so far. It just needs the ringing from the buffer spring after it fires

Comment

Originally posted by Fiddlestx View Post
            I've tried all 3, ModWar is the best imo the sounds are good and the m-16 is the closest I've hard to the real thing so far. It just needs the ringing from the buffer spring after it fires
            Noo.. I hate that noise, and not all AR-15s make it. Mine makes it when using one stock set, and doesnt with another. :p
            TG Regular
            TGU Staff
            ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
            Evil Koala
            LeftSkidLow

Comment

I have a position on it that it came with. I wonder if it has something to do with the non mil spec buffer tube size?

Comment

Try all 3, get arma launcher and you can adjust which mods you use very easily.

I've tried most of the sound mods (there are others besides those 3) but here's my opinion on those:

FDF - too hollywoodish

CSM - I will probably use this when it is not in beta. The rifle sounds are great but they haven't adjusted the relative volumes or replaced vehicle sounds yet so volume on weapons is real low and vehicles are high in the beta, not worth using full time yet IMO

Modwarsound - The one I use right now, a lot of the sounds are the same or were from the same group that's doing CSM. One of the best ones that's a real release
                |TG-Irr| Snake Doc

Comment

I use CSM with the ModWarSound vehicle sounds. The best of both worlds.
                  |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Modwar until CSM sound echos and distances are fixed...

But I combined CSM and modwar vehicles and added echos and it runs great now with my own editing

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
                      I use CSM with the ModWarSound vehicle sounds. The best of both worlds.
                      Originally posted by VegaBond View Post
                      Modwar until CSM sound echos and distances are fixed...

But I combined CSM and modwar vehicles and added echos and it runs great now with my own editing
                      Any chances you guys could share this with us? I don't know, maybe upload a file in RapidShare or something so we can have that as well?

Making a mod with the best sounds in each soundmod sounds like the perfect thing to do!!
                      |TG-69th|Kevlar

Comment

Check this thread Kevlar, it's actually easier than it sounds, just attempt it and you will see. http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...ck-real-2.html
                        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Thx Khan, will take a look ;)
                          |TG-69th|Kevlar

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X