Not yet mentioned sound mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not yet mentioned sound mod

Hey guys I stumbled this evening across a new sound mod called BPA RealSound and I have to say I like it more than just weapon and vehicle sounds they have also changed the sound of falling buildings among othere things. Check it out guys at Armaholic's downloads section.

Now my question is with Arma_OFPEC_Blood_Effect Mod...I unzipped it to my arma directory and then put the mod folder in command line but doesn;t seem to be working, does anyone else have this mod and can lend a hand of help.. I tried to find the SIX Blood mod but couldn;t find it, does anyone have link to it?

This next one is for the admin, just out of curiousity why are you unable to use the 3rd person view mod. I understand thats what the server is set at but why?
    PSN= Lethal_420

Re: Not yet mentioned sound mod

Take a look at this thread about OFPEC Blood (can't link)
    It is a few lines down from this thread, Blood&TrueView Addons

I guess there is no 3rd view to keep it realistic, but the admins have kept it noob friendly with tags and crosshairs.

Comment

The OFPEC Blood Effect is not a client side mod, but a server side, meaning it needs to be activated at the server (by an admin prolly) and it is not activated in the TG servers. I ased a couple times if there was any chances they would activate it, but got no answer =(

Shafik mentioned he uses the 6th Sense (SIX) Blood mod, which is a client side mod, but I couldn't find it either. Shafik, or anyone else, if you could post a link to it, we'd appreciate!

As for the sound mod, I am currently using FDF but I'll sure be looking into that one Rookie! I just wish I could find a sound mod that changed weapons, vehicles and other sounds, like the XAM mod does, but unfortunatelly I can't find it.

As for 3rd person, I'd think the only reason to keep it out is for realism. But like Doc said, if we wanna be realistic, might as well take out the crosshair and the friendly tags! Would make it so much more real! =)
      |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

but the 3rd person view is not something set and is client side, you can be running and just like any other function in the game toggle back and forth between 1st and 3rd view by using the keypad enter key
        PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Six blood is part of the SIX pack, it comes with MISC (required for other six stuff)
          SIX_BLOOD (I run this but with a modified configuration),
          SIX_CRDS (I suggest not running this because it affects only you which is a disadvantage)
          SIX_TRACERS (also highly recommend, the in game tracers are crap)
          SIX_EDITORUPDATE (shows all buildings and ruins in editor, useful if you edit)

http://dl2.6thsense.eu/arma/6thSense.eu-Pack1_v0.2.rar

to disable addons in the pack like CRDS, just create a "disabled" folder under @six_pack1/addons/ and place the CRDS .pbo file in there. It will be hidden from the game.
          Also you need to paste the DTA folder it comes with in your root arma directory with the mod folder. It contains the config files for the mod. I would suggest editing the six misc.hpp file and setting tracking = 1 (shows squad leaders on the map) and at the top of the file is a line that you can comment "//" and it will disable the voice sounds for radio messages (they get annoying when you are spammed by AI with radio messages)
          |TG-Irr| Snake Doc

Comment

1 other thing about SIX_BLOOD. There may be a chance of dying from blood loss. I saw some players dying after being wounded. If It is implemented in this addon then you should probably disable it in the config, if of course it gives you the option.

3rd person client option is overridden by the server. If the server decides no 3rd person then no 3rd person, same for crosshairs and tags.

Comment

Not six blood its the CRDS you have to disable before you bleed to death I think

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie420 View Post
                tried to find the SIX Blood mod but couldn;t find it, does anyone have link to it?
                Here ya go :row__593:
                Dizlor

Comment

Good find on the Sound Mod. I liked what I heard on a youtube video. But it seems that Armaholic is no longer hosting a download of this particular mod due to "using the sounds of others without the proper credits and communication". So unless it can be found elsewhere, looks like we're out of luck till that gets sorted out.
                  -Wolfe

Comment

yes wolf they still have the DL here is link its the BPA Sound Mod

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1613
                    PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

From that link:
                      *****Download link disabled****
                      We are waiting for his next release, this version is using the sounds of others without the proper credits and communication.
                      | | |

Comment

Looks like the MOD is back on the FTP and ready to download. It's located at the same address Rookie posted.
                        | | |

Comment

Version 1.5 of the BPA sound mod is now available for download:

BPA Real Sound 1.5

It sounds pretty good so far. A lot of the volume issues have been addressed and the configs changed as to not conflict with other mods (like 6thSense tracers).

I will probably use this until the next release of Chammy's mod and then compare the two.
                          LoyalGuard

Comment

Didn't like some of the sounds. The AT4 (M136 in the game) sounds weak. It's a huge "BOOM!" in real life when you fire the rocket. The M2 .50 cal HMG sounded wrong, too. It really is a big "WHUMPWHUMPWHUMPWHUMP" when you fire it, not that sound effect in the mod.

So... pluses and minuses. I'll continue to use the CSM partial sound mod. The bullet snaps and whips is worth it alone.

Comment

I like most weapon sounds from Chammy, while the environment sounds from BPA add a lot. The BPA weapon sounds aren't all bad, I just think Chammy's .223 sounds much better.
                              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...