TvT SDAD mission test.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TvT SDAD mission test.

Thanks everyone for testing it tonight. Obviously it's not bug free yet, but I'll try to see if I can get the vehicle respawn fixed, if not I'll ask for some help. Also, the way vehicles drivers/gunners are handled might not be ideal, might need help with that as well. Still I'm interested in feedback on the mission so if you have any, shoot!

-Travel times for the regular forces are pretty long to enable the SF to set up shop. You think the travel time is ok, or perhaps still too short/long?

-The towns got captured pretty quickly, perhaps a longer delay might give a side a chance to recover if they were ambushed earlier?

-The no crates was intentional to have normal weapon load out appropriate to the roles. I kinda like that, but perhaps you still want crates?

-Other stuff?

PS. A TvT ambush is way more satisfying isn't it chaps? :D (unless you're on the receiving end of course)

Re: TvT SDAD mission test.

I like making the initial route long, to give time for ambushes, but could we make the respawns happen at a forward base? Maybe in Corazol for the west side?

Comment

Originally posted by boudreux View Post
      I like making the initial route long, to give time for ambushes, but could we make the respawns happen at a forward base? Maybe in Corazol for the west side?
      Sure that would be possible. Problem with respawn is that people will have less regard for their life, so placing it too close to the objectives might not encourage people enough to stay alive. So you have to find a balance there, Corazol might work, but surely wouldn't want to place it any closer. Would be nice to here more opinions on that.

Comment

Or instead of placing the respawn up there, keep it back at base, but have the chopper unarmed/fully fueled, and always respawning quickly. Each team will just have a dedicated pilot for reinforcements. That inconvenience, along with a longer spawn time, should take care of the life's worth thing. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by boudreux View Post
          Or instead of placing the respawn up there, keep it back at base, but have the chopper unarmed/fully fueled, and always respawning quickly. Each team will just have a dedicated pilot for reinforcements. That inconvenience, along with a longer spawn time, should take care of the life's worth thing. I think.
          That would work for Blufor with the Littlebird, problem is opfor has a Mi-17. If I fully fuel it, they will just pick up the whole regular army paradrop them over the objectives and win the mission. That's why the SF and choppers spawn in a different location with so little fuel in them, to prevent people from flying in the main army right away.

Comment

Glad you finally got this tested Taxi....sorry for not getting it done sooner for you. I'll try to be around for the next test.
            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I like the mission, but I agree respwans are worthless if there is not method of getting back into battle. Maybe a script that does a progressive spawn based on where the SL markes it on the map. We have seen that on several missions before.

As for the crates, they are not needed at the begining, but if you respawn you come back in with verylimited ammo and no decent weapons. So that maybe a resaon to add them or again there are scripts to have a player respawn with thier previous loadout.

I did have fun with it and look forward to the updates...
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I'm trying to get it fixed for Sunday, but I can't get the vehicles to spawn empty nor do I manage to get them to respawn (there are vehicle respawn markers on the map and a vehicledelay set in description.txt)

(5 minutes of ArmA editting is enough to get me to boiling point)

Comment

Hey, no reason to boil! Take your time on it, and you have a group of testers ready and willing whenever the time comes. I still can't get the hang of the editor, so you're definitely a few steps ahead of me, don't give up!

Comment

Well just a small bit of good news, I finally found out how to make vehicles spawn empty, so the AI driver/gunner thing is fixed. Apparently you first have to select the side (BLUFOR, OPFOR etc.), then class and type, then set it to non-playable, then go back to the side menu and suddenly in the drop down menu you can now also select empty. I mean seriously BI do you want people to make missions or not, why on earth make it this unintuitive? I'm not sure to be happy that I'm not completely stupid or sad that anyone could make something this user unfriendly.

Anyways, still figuring out vehicle respawn. Apparently I'm not the only one having trouble with BI's way of doing it, some made their own script for it. I'll try if I can get BI's way to work.

Comment

If you want to keep the ambushes gonf then keep the spawns further back. This makes the team hunt those pesky SF forces.

Quick Helo respawns would lead to more airdrops and more risks with Helos. Again if you want to keep ambushes going then you need to make those helos respawn SLOW. Again incentive to keep them alive and to hunt the OPFOR helo.

As for helos and fuel. Just give Bluefor a blackhawk and add soem more objectives so a side has to decide to send Spec ops in to slow them down first or go for the objectives. You could keep Spec-ops and reg forces spawning seperate then if one side goes straight for objectives there is a delay in picking up the reg forces and then you have to worry about Spec ops on the ground with shoulder mounted AA... (Assuming you allow Spec ops the chance to get AA)

Just a couple thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Toshido View Post
                        If you want to keep the ambushes gonf then keep the spawns further back. This makes the team hunt those pesky SF forces.

Quick Helo respawns would lead to more airdrops and more risks with Helos. Again if you want to keep ambushes going then you need to make those helos respawn SLOW. Again incentive to keep them alive and to hunt the OPFOR helo.

As for helos and fuel. Just give Bluefor a blackhawk and add soem more objectives so a side has to decide to send Spec ops in to slow them down first or go for the objectives. You could keep Spec-ops and reg forces spawning seperate then if one side goes straight for objectives there is a delay in picking up the reg forces and then you have to worry about Spec ops on the ground with shoulder mounted AA... (Assuming you allow Spec ops the chance to get AA)

Just a couple thoughts.
                        Thanks for your view, personally I want to keep the mission pretty straightforward and compact. I want to use the size of the ArmA map to give the leaders lot's of options, but in the end they need to concentrate on a smaller area. I'm afraid that if I make side objective, people will be spread out too much and the percentage of time people may actually make contact with the enemy might be too small. I'll give it some more thought.

PS. Crates added.

Comment

Ok, vehicle respawn works now. Time is set to 2 minutes. Might be set to 3 or 4 minutes in future versions, but works for now. So everything is fixed, I'll make this version available for upload.

*Sigh of relieve*.

Comment

It would be good to have maybe one helo per team other than the one that the SF guys get. I'm not sure if it was intended or not but the East's chopper for the SF guys was so low on fuel that we were sucking fumes trying to reach our obj. Having transport chopper would be better than having us spawn closer to the city imo

Comment

Yeah, the SF need more fuel and the MH6. It's too hard to get a whole team on the ground when you can only take one at a time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X