Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Makers?

Hey guys.

I am currently working on a mission, SP at first but a possible MP coop in the future. However I am brand new to this mission making and am wondering if there is anyone here willing to help me out with problems as they arise.

My first is that, when I want a black hawk to land and let out passengers, the heli hovers about 10meters off the ground and half the squad becomes injured. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Also. After the soldiers get out of the chopper, how do i get them to move? They just stand there. I currently have them set in the chopper immediately(no animation) at the base when the mission starts. But when the chopper lets them out(10m above ground) i cannot get them to move to a waypoint.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Agnew

Re: Mission Makers?

Hey Agnew, I will help as I can as certainly will others.

The chopper unloading/loading is extremely fidgety. I haven't tried it myself, but have seen LOTS of posts regarding it on the official forums.

One thing you might try is using this script that I ran across the other week:
    http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...T;f=71;t=66418

Comment

How do i go about using someone else's scripts?

EDIT: Ok, ive gotten troops to load up the Blackhawk at base, and i have gotten the blackhawk to Land and wait for all troops to get out of the blackhawk, however, when they get out, they turn around and get back in. I have gotten them in using a trigger no where near there they have landed, and yes they are outside the "blue trigger zone". Any Ideas?
      Last edited by J.Agnew7; 08-06-2007, 08:35 PM.

Comment

I have made progress. I have two blackhawks waiting at base, loading up with a squad each moving into a town and dropping them off, then moving to a three WP cover pattern. I also have two Little birds who wait at base for a squad each, they move into position and drop of Troops then RTB.

Now. I am working on gettin patrols in the city(Op4). I am using this script called Urban Patrol Script by Kronzky. Now it requires me to use Game Logic. I have no idea what this is or how to use it. Can I get help on this one?

Thanks again
        Agnew

Comment

I have used Kronzky's script, very nice.

The best way to see how it all works is to take a mission that uses the script and unpbo it, it will answere most of your questions. Game Logic is just a like a unit. Go to where u make a unit and u will have the option to select Game Logic.
          You will find it under "side".

Are you using scripts or triggers and waypoints to load and uload your chopper?
          If you are using only waypoints it will probably not work on a dedicated server, dedicated hate choppers LOL. You will need a combination of script and triggers.

I can give you missions using the scrips and Kronzky's.

Comment

Kronzky's is a very nice and powerful script. As Dec said the game logic is nothing more than a "unit" that is added in the editor (looks like a big trigger flag). Gamelogics only run on the server (not the player's machines) and are primarily used as a means to test if the script is running local to the server.

BTW the biggest huddle of any mission maker IMHO is the transition from making scripts in the SP or MP local editor to publishing them on the dedicated server. MANY things do not make the transition well. For the mission I am currently constructing I have spent more than half my time just debugging the code to get it to work on the dedicated server environment. If you stay away from the "heavy" scripting hopefully you won't have to deal with too many of these issues.

Comment

To answer the first question I have used Triggers to get the troops into the choper. Howvere when the chopper lands at LZ, I have codded this into the waypoint(of chopper).

Code:
              bh1 land "GetOut"; [s11,s12,s13,s14] orderGetIn false; [s21,s22,s23,s24] orderGetIn false
              and same thing for the little bird only with one squad and names changed.

I have four triggers at main base where squads are placed in right off the bat. These triggers are set to:

Activation: Blufor
              Set to: Once
              Code:
              s11 assignAsCargo bh1 ;s12 assignAsCargo bh1; s13 assignAsCargo bh1; s14 assignAsCargo bh1; 
              [s11,s12,s13,s14] orderGetIn true
              I have placed Squad waypoints over where the town is, so when they disembark they immediately move to the first waypoint.

I am still unsure about the GameLogic. Do i have to code anything wihtin that or what?

A little note on size of mission. I played this a couple times with the House Patrol scripts and found that I have to many choppers and Blufor. I don't know if it is just me, but it is getting laggy on insertion and when the choppers are leaving. I do want the Opfor to have a ratio of about 3-5:1 over Bluefor, so it is challenging.

Also I have am planning on after I have the initial assault done with Op4 abundant in the town, I want to make it as though opfor from other towns rush in. Not only making the initial assault hard, But surviving the City and extraction hard. I am not sure of that.

Regarding Extraction. How would I set up a vehicle extraction to move in once all hostages are captured in the building? Say the squad moves in, kills all Opfor in building, and once that is complete they have to wait one minute for the convoy to arrive, they must hold the building. I also want it timed as though when the Min runs out, the convoy is out front of the building waiting for extract.

Other then that i think im getting things going good. As I said i played it a couple times last night and its hard enough just getting into the city. The Enemy flanks you and you see the building you want to get to, but getting there is intensely hard. I haven't even made it into the building never mind securing it lol.

Thats enough from me, i need to go eat then ill be back to work on it. Again any help is greatly appreciated.

Agnew

Ledgend:
              s+_+_ --- This refers to Which squad(first number) and what position in the squad(second number)
              bh+_ ---- blackhawk 1,2,3 etc. Same thing for lb(not in code here)
              Last edited by J.Agnew7; 08-07-2007, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Since this is on the subject of mission scripting. Could someone post a link to some useful tutorials for beginners, and any useful/necessary tools? Or maybe make a sticky map making info thread for aspiring map makers.

Comment

@ JAgnew7 I would test the first part of your mission on a dedicated to see if it works, you may spend hours on the second part only to find the first part doesn't work.

@ Fiddlestx a group released an addon? or something aimed at the new mission maker which explained all aspects of mission making with templates. I have searched many sites for it but I can't find it, maybe someone has a link to it.

Comment

The Tactical Wiki has a very brief introduction to mission making and links. We are working on getting it to cover some more details to get you guys started.
                    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Fiddlestx View Post
                      Since this is on the subject of mission scripting. Could someone post a link to some useful tutorials for beginners, and any useful/necessary tools? Or maybe make a sticky map making info thread for aspiring map makers.
                      Armaholic.com has some basic tutorials and then links to others.....http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=92

I don't think you'll find a ton of documentation as scripting in ArmA is very similar to Operation Flashpoint and much of that material is still applicable. Some great info at OFPEC

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/

You can get as complicated (programming from scratch) or uncomplicated (using the mission editor) as you like.

Originally posted by Dec View Post
                      @ Fiddlestx a group released an addon? or something aimed at the new mission maker which explained all aspects of mission making with templates. I have searched many sites for it but I can't find it, maybe someone has a link to it.
                      Are you thinking about BAS-f?

http://www.ballisticaddonstudios.com...nt/view/71/56/

(BTW, check out the planned BAS add-on for the chinook..juicy!)

Comment

Indeed, there's alot of information to be found on the Armaholic forums. The one page to rule them all (I use it all the time) is this one
                        Scroll down to the bottom and theres all the answers to your questions. Well, at least a couple I think :)
                        And as Jamerica said, OFPEC is good too, and since they have major forums it's really easy to find stuff there.
                        Just go to forums->search->type in some keywords/scripting issues. This helped me alot too.

Good luck with your mission Agnew! I just started editing too, it's great :D

Comment

I spend most of my time on the official wiki and script reference site:
                          http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/C..._Commands_ArmA

I would also recommend looking up OFP tutorials. They will almost all apply to the editor with only slight modifications and the scripting of sqf is not that different from sqs used in OFP.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X