Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast rope addon

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...T;f=69;t=66569

Just saw this on the BI boards, and it will be released Sunday. The first vid doesn't work but the second one does. It looks sweet, and is functional in MP :)

Re: Fast rope addon

I deffinatly think ill be using this in my BHD mission:P. This will add so much to Evo and more.

Just imagine. Rope in at the center of Cayo, anbd fight your way out. Talk about intense. Currently most of the time its shoot form outside in. Now it will be strict Urban Conbat, awsome!

Comment

what a great idea for a mod, definitly gonna have to check thaty one out when it releases
      PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Ooo yeah! Very nice indeed. Only things missing now are black wetsuit/diver skins (complete with fins and scuba gear) and an adjustment and an animation or two for jumping off a helo hovering above water...
        “The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane”.

Comment

Looking forward to fast-ropes, I think a lot of people have been waiting for this.

Originally posted by Coz View Post
          Only things missing now are black wetsuit/diver skins (complete with fins and scuba gear) and an adjustment and an animation or two for jumping off a helo hovering above water...
          Now THAT would kick ass.
          "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

sweeeeet... I'll use it 100% sure when I do my first mission, which I will start working pretty shortly,.... thanks Fiddle!!
            |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Oh, very nice indeed. Many people have been waiting for this one.

Comment

Its a good addition to the game, but I cant think of too many situations where fast roping will be a better option than landing or hovering at jump out altitudes.
                Other than forest insertion and narrow city streets, a good pilot can land his chopper just about anywhere.

The long hover required for fast roping means it wont be a plausible evo insertion method for any city with active AI. Landing is a must if you don't want to take fire from AI. Maybe it'll be easier to use ropes to get guys on roofs in a BH. The Cayo insert, for example, won't work unless you get in and land very quickly. Hovering above roof tops means taking lots of fire, infy, UAZ, and armor.

Anywho, not to be debby downer, its cool and I like -- but its only adding a limited amount of tactical flexibility, best used for forests in my opinion.
                |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                That noob who crashed the chopper.
                That noob who ran over the mine.
                That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
                  Other than forest insertion and narrow city streets, a good pilot can land his chopper just about anywhere.
                  Bullseye. Mission maker will have to focus on that.

A mission that takes place on one of the dense wooded areas in Sahrani is in my plans, and like someone said above, prolly a rescue mission on some city. Something on the lines of Black Hawk Down or something =)

It's all up to the mission makers!
                  |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Tactical shmacktical. That look likes a ton of fun!!! and if a mission can actually use it tactically (like insertion into a dense forest) then all the better!

Is this something that needs to be installed client side? server side? or both?
                    Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

Lets Do It!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse