No announcement yet.

Help: Detecting Completion of Objectives?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: Detecting Completion of Objectives?

Hey all. I'm just starting to finish up a mission I've been working, but I seemed to run into another wall. Just as the title suggests, I need help with detecting if my mission objectives have been completed by the player. Let me start by quickly explaining the missions goal: 3 main objectives; destroy the ammo truck to clear the first objective, destroy the fuel truck to clear the second objective, and eliminate the 3 Shilkas to complete the third and finally objective. *Note that these don't need to be completed in any certain order.

I need to know how to check when the above have been complete. I'll provide more information as needed (because I don't know what information to give :)). Thanks in advanced.

Re: Help: Detecting Completion of Objectives?

It is a trigger that has to be added. It should probably look like this:

Condition: obj1 && obj2 && obj3 obj1,2,3 being whatever you named your objectives earlier

On Act: Base sideChat "The Area is clear!"; end1=true This will show a message before it ends
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

In a trigger "on Act" put "1" objStatus "DONE"

If you want to tell players it,s done put "1" objStatus "DONE"; hint "Truck destroyed"

Then you have to check off the objective in the briefing put

<p><a name = "OBJ_1"></a><a href="marker:destroy">Destroy truck</a>.

The best way to see how this works is unpbo a mission.

**** this editor is messing up my mind man... I'm going KWAAAAAAAAAAAAIZEEEE!!!

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed