Clear All

• New COOP Mission Added 8/12/07

Operation Black Sword
    c0_8_black_sword1_01

Black Sword
    by
    Igor Drukov

Description (from Author):
    You will HALO in the dark to storm a well-located enemy radar. Once this primary objective is completed, you will have the choice to engage targets of opportunity before calling for extraction...

Secondary objectives are vague on purpose: it is ultimately for your team to decide when and if to call for extraction before the enemy comes pounding on you in swarms...

Features:

* SKNKMAN's and KeyCat's and toadlife's GroupLinkII for ArmA
    * norrin's revive script
    * ManDay's HALO script
    * Ingame adjustable time of the day, view-distance and terrain detail;
    * Full briefing and plot, and surprises, and tactical choices, and liberty, and different endings;
    * Fully working Computer system (dialog controlled) for Close Air Support/Evac/Satellite.

* Peardog Note: the HALO entry takes a bit to get used to..read the halo page in the very nice Briefing - and only pull the chute under 500 ft.. anything higher and you are in air for a LONG time..! I recieved a couple of script errors the second time I played the halo entry..but It did not effect game play (and I am using XAM so that could be the cause)..
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: New COOP Mission Added 8/12/07

great mission...but that HALo jump is hard... and It kinda sucks if a group of co-op'ers play together and even one dies, it's a repeat...other wise your team is short and/or they have to wait over an hour for mission complete.

JMO
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I think it would be worth the learning on the HALO...I did it on the first try...but wasn't an OPTIMAL drop... (a gazillion miles away from anything and near an enemy base).. but I lived... My second drop was right where I wanted it... So it's not impossible... Just Weird...
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

I engaged with this last night and quite enjoyed it.
        My first and only HALO so far went quite well.
        You can steer and if you keep your mouse near the middle of the screen it keeps you level and aids a good chute opening. [thanks for the tip]

But bummer once your chute opens you have no directional control only which way you face.
        I landed safely and teamed up and off we went. I survived for a good chunk of the map until I met DeBate well the hot end of DeBates 136 missile but he did revive me mmmmmwhaa but was the tongue really necessary.

I was driving an enemy uaz but still I had been wounded and neede wheels to get about.
        Never did find if you can revive a wounded trooper DeBates 136 put paid to that. LoL

Plenty of varied targets from buildings, troopers, armour, boats all were there at various times and the revive was good though maybe 10 available to each trooper is a bit high.
        "I like a man who grins when he fights"
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Good to hear Barnaby... I'd love to get into this with a group of 8 or so.. Looks like a Fun Map...
          ..And yes... NoDebate said the Tongue was Necessary..(sometimes death is the better alternative eh?)
          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Lies! I did not shoot that missile! I was with Bobik the entire map! You're probably thinking of Switch, he likes the tongue. (Ewwwwww) Bobik and I landed southwest of Eponia, stole Russian weapons, blew the radio tower, and were proceeding to the Staging Area when we were ambushed and killed by a BMP. We then sat there for a good twenty waiting for the revive before help arrived. We proceeded back towards Eponia, took out three enemy squads on the road, then found ourselves outside of an enemy base. We executed the border guards with silenced weaponry and I crawled up to a set of fuel tanks and placed a pair of satchels on the fuel. I blew the fuel tanks taking out eight T-72s (with splash and secondary explosions) and a good score of infantry. Bobik and I took a pair of empty tanks to support the rest of the team at the main radio tower. After that was cleared Bobik and I led a convoy up to Eponia. The convoy stopped short of Eponia as Bobik and I cruised through. West, Northwest of Epoina we were engaged by hostile BMPs. It took out my tank, but I got out safely. I boarded Bobik's tank as the driver and we pursued the BMPs. We took out one but were hit by the other and forced to bail again. We ambushed the last BMP with satchels just south of the second target radio tower. After the BMP was down we secured a hostile UAZ and used the main turret to engage a squad of infantry in and around the tower. With Bobik covering I found even more weapons and used some satchels to rig the tower. We rearmed and watched the tower go. We then proceeded south and with Razer's satellite, took out two camps of enemy infantry. From the camps we proceeded north, northwest along the coast to our final objective, a russian base. We arrived at the base shortly before Razer and his crew and we proceeded to clear the base. We took out two squads in the base and returned to Razer's position. Razer had the place blown to all Hell with GBUs and called for extraction. As the chopper arrived four squads come out of nowhere just to the southeast. Bobik took up a minigun and started blazing away. In the heat of battle the helo lifted up and flew off leaving me behind. I continued to engage infantry killing another dozen or so before running off into the wilderness.

Great fun, we had a few issues in the start, can't wait to play it again! Maybe put some boats at the spawn for the late comers. So they don't have to swim four kilometers to the shoreline. XD

@Barnaby, in response to the ten revives, Bobik and I were under the impression it was ten total, not per person. I would recommend playing that on Veteran Mode, two revives at most, with a dozen men split into teams of three or four. Maybe a few guards near the tower in Eponia, that place is empty! :D
            Last edited by NoDebate; 08-14-2007, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Yeah, this mission has some weird bugs but once it's all working things are good.

Peardog, you should definitely consider putting up the new 2.0 version of this map up if you come across it. Added 4 people and made the map a lot more polished.

Comment

Originally posted by bobik View Post
                Yeah, this mission has some weird bugs but once it's all working things are good.

Peardog, you should definitely consider putting up the new 2.0 version of this map up if you come across it. Added 4 people and made the map a lot more polished.
                DONE - 1023 EST 08/14/07 Thanks for the info..!
                NAMED: co-12-black-sword-2_0

Version 2.0 is up..
                |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Wewt! We must place this...tonight!

Comment

(being selfish) Any chance of getting this started around 9PM Eastern so I can join it??

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X