Using the M136

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the M136

Having time on my hands I thought I'd set up a practice mission using the M136 to improve my accuracy. Going further with this, I have provided some screen shots to help you if you need it.

200m Shot

400m Shot

600m Shot

And you can download the mission here. Just unzip it into you Missions Folder.
    Last edited by jex; 08-15-2007, 11:52 AM. Reason: Screenshots don't show
    Jex.

Re: Using the M136

Use the My Gallery on our squad's website for screenshot space.

I definitely will try this out later today. I need more practice with the M136. Friday night's tank hunting on the Evo server was pretty messy regarding my own performance. I was missing every single shot that night. Then you saw my "awesome" shooting of that shilka yesterday. It wasn't until the T72's that I got the hang of it.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

all the images should now show and the link should now work :)
      Jex.

Comment

Nice little tutorial there.

My aiming is generally by instinct now, I used the weapon a lot when I started playing Evo and I can usually (usually ;)) gauge the aiming of it right. I also prefer to use the zoom when aiming.

Edit: You would need to use the zoom if the server is on veteran mode btw.
        "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

Good info EJex

Gin your comment about the zoom.
          I've not checked it yet but won't the ratios stay the same so EJex notes will still stand???

As I say I've not checked it yet but all will be revealed later tonight.
          "I like a man who grins when he fights"
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Real men turn their crosshairs off :D

Comment

The ratios will be the same, I meant that you would have to line the shot up in zoom if the cross-hair was off.

Comment

Barnaby what's with the Ejex?? You been on the beer again? ;)

As for the crosshairs I didn't see much choice as the picture would have showed the target completely obscured. This way people can practice and get a feel for it but yes, I'm all for iron sights only and removal of cross hairs :)
                Jex.

Comment

Hehe, yeah I guess. Although you could line it up then move the sight off to one side to show the height difference.

Comment

If you prefer that appraoch why not do the work and add it to this post? I'm not sure it would work because being unable to see the target and the displacement you'll get moving the sight back and forth isn't going to be helpful. Of course, there is always hitting the V key once you have the crosshairs lined up to show you the elevation but it still covers the target.

Practice is what is needed and that's the idea of this mission and this post :) Anything helpful that can be added is encouaged :)
                    Jex.

Comment

I sucessfully completed M136 training!

I hit every target on the first shot except the 1000m target. I couldn't figure out how to adjust for it. I had to use the TOW to hit it. Wow, that was loads of fun.

This really started me going with scripting too. I ended up fooling around in the editor trying to make my own M136 range with respawning targets.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I meant that you could line it up, then move the sight off for the sake of demonstrating how much higher it needs to be.

Comment

(Borat[from TG]'s voice) Very niiiiiiiiiice! Now if only there was a way to teach people how to shoot down helos with M136s...

Downloading will give it a go when I get home from schoolio. (Yes I know it is dumb we start this early.)

Comment

OFF TOPIC Sorry Jex that came about from the other night when we were on Vet mode with both you Jex & Jax on server.
                            I ended up using EJex & AJax to id you both.

Back to Jex now.

PS ref your post below ??? are you doing RMB to lock target or does that not work with TOW, I didn't think there was any guidence available unlike RW stuff.
                            "I like a man who grins when he fights"
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
                              I sucessfully completed M136 training!

I hit every target on the first shot except the 1000m target. I couldn't figure out how to adjust for it. I had to use the TOW to hit it. Wow, that was loads of fun.

This really started me going with scripting too. I ended up fooling around in the editor trying to make my own M136 range with respawning targets.
                              LOL lucky you, I can't see passed 600m for some reason (my draw distance is set to 1200??) and as for the TOW, Leezor and I were trying to hit the 800m target and we couldn't do it. FYI the TOW is a Tube launch Optically tracked, Wire-guided Missile which has a range of about 4 km is memory serves me correctly. Once it leaves the launcher it trails wires that allow the operator to guide the missile to it's target (like flying a kite I expect lol). It doesn't appear to work in the game so I'm wondering how you hit it sarc as our shots went anywhere but the target no matter how we tried to guide it.
                              Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X