Mission Briefing questions!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Briefing questions!!

Ok, I'm pretty much done with my mission, but I am having a bit of trouble creating the briefing.

How can I skip lines in the briefing? It won't accept the skipped lines in the HTML, so how can I do it? I have tryed looking into the Evo briefing, but it is waaaaaaay too complicated, coundt navigate through it!

Also, how can I change the size of the font??? It does not accept size of the font given from the HTML file!

I have tryed ArmA Edit Briefing Wizard but it is waaay too basic, I'm trying to make a really good briefing screen.

Anyone can help me? Thanks!
    |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Re: Mission Briefing questions!!

I haven't done much with the briefings but I used the ArmA Edit for it. You can add HTML tags but you definitely need to know which ones are allowed.

My first guess is trying a <p> tag to start a new paragraph. This should provide a nice line break with a blank line. It sounds like you already tried a <br> tag to perform a line break but then it doesn't really look like a new paragraph.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/docs/briefing.html

Check that doc for the different heading styles available. It's the only way to change the font size.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Yeah I'm using one I got as example and editing it with Front Page.

I have been sucessfull all along, but I couldn't figure out (yet) how to make it a little more prettier... Anyways, it's done and the mission is playable with the current one =)
      |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Front Page is probably overkill for it and could add useless HTML. Plus, it's another unnecessary program to edit ArmA. You can add the tags in that tiny text area in ArmA Edit. You just have to envision what it'll look like. With a bit of practice, you'll get used to reading HTML tags and how everything should look. It actually is a bit easier for me in ArmA Edit since the sections are in their own text areas instead of looking at one file.

Perhaps someone can suggest a better briefing editor. I like ArmA Edit since you can do all script related tasks in it. It's just that there might be a briefing editor that previews the briefing. Of course, the best bet is to load up the mission and make sure everything looks nice.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I use a simple free prgram, Nvu, that is perfect for making brifiengs. I will use a premade template and edit the content in that editor and save a lot of time.
          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X