Intro not playing before Briefing screen in Multiplayer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro not playing before Briefing screen in Multiplayer

Ok I've done a mission and an intro to it.

When I play it in single mission, the intro plays all well. However, when I create a server in multiplayer, the intro does not play. The game starts and it goes already to the soldier I'm controlling. I'm afraid the intro will not play when other people are around.

Can anyone tell me if the intro will or will not play? Or how do I make it play? Thanks!

- Kev
    |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Re: Intro not playing before Briefing screen in Multiplayer

How and what are you trying to execute as a intro? Include all examples of files and syntax, we shouldbe able to help.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Right now I have a script on a .sqs file on my missions folder. I have the command '[] exev "introcam.sqs"' on the init field of one of the units present on the INTRO section of the mission. To end the INTRO, I have a trigger and a command at the end of the scrip "endcut", and on the trigger I have it on END#1 and on condition, endcut = true.
      |TG-69th|Kevlar

Comment

Can anyone help me PLEASE, at all?
        |TG-69th|Kevlar

Comment

I don't think this makes a difference but you probably want to use a .sqf file. The .sqs syntax is deprecated in Armed Assault.

I don't really know what the problem is but it could be the script isn't working because of multiplayer locality. I don't really know much about how this affects scripts but there are tricks to make sure scripts are only run by the server and not the client. This could be a problem is connected players are running the script and the intro just doesn't play.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/L...in_Multiplayer - This explains what locality is all about.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/local - This can be a solution to your problem. Create a trigger with a condition set to check if the game running the trigger is the server or not. If it's the server, execute your intro script.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

It is definitely multiplayer locality and there is absolutely no debate that locality is the hardest aspect of scripting for ArmA.

I've never used the "intro" section on the editor. Instead just put the script and trigger into your main mission.

I would move the [] exec "introcam.sqs" to a trigger
            Code:
            Condition: local player
            Activation: x = [] exec "introcam.sqs"

Comment

Or skip the intro aspect entirely.

Those gratuitous "I made this, this is the mission name" intros kind of annoy me.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. Will see what I can do about it...

Thanks a lot =) I couldn't really find anything about it when googliong, was going insane.
                |TG-69th|Kevlar

Comment

I agree with Shiner there is no need for a intro .sqf all together. All the missions I have done were simply command lines, basically triggers in the description.ext.
                  "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X