Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod Needed for C-130E & AC-130

Good Day to All

In my search for a Mod of the C-130 for my Airborne Brigade idea. I discovered that there was a mod for OFP. I would like to see the C-130 family incorporated in to ArmA in the future. Is there someone working on this? I would love to see this done. What are the thoughts of the TG memberís of this idea. Please respond. Thanks
    Last edited by Hymes; 08-30-2007, 12:21 PM. Reason: Incomplete

Re: Mod Needed for C-130E & AC-130

While we have some superb mission makers, I'm unaware of anyone doing serious modding involving models and such.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

or C-17s maybe ?? I see those around here every day all day... it would be cool to see em buzzin around :)
      Dizlor

Comment

The editors (Oxygen etc) that will allow models to be scripted into the game have JUST been released (last 2 weeks). I would expect the ArmA community to rapidly start creating and releasing vehicles and such like the C-130. Because they existed for OFP and ArmA is so similar, now that the tools are available I'm pretty confident your specific vehicle requests will also happen.

The next thing we need from a technology side is ArmAWatch, which will stream the required addons as needed. Until this is implemented most mission designers will be hesitant to use mods and addons.
        Last edited by Shiner; 08-30-2007, 05:01 PM.

Comment

There's a group called RKSL working on several c130 variants. It also will have a modular cargo system where you can do things like have a humvee in the back as well as infantry that can jump out. The cargo will have the ability to be air dropped as well. See the official forums (flashpoint1985.com) mod discussion section, the thread for that group is almost 40 pages last I checked. The same group is working on some other things as well. None of this really matters since we can't use addons in missions here.
          |TG-Irr| Snake Doc

Comment

For add-ons to be used, the mission creator would have to put them into his/her mission during creation.

There are MANY incredible add-ons out there. I'm currently tinkering with a "HALO" mod in one of my nascent missions I'm making. I'm having a guy jump from a Blackhawk into the mission area. From there, the player will have to infiltrate a town nestled up in the mountains, demo some SCUD launchers, then reach an extraction site.

Comment

I can see the C130 as being a great way to start a mission with a ground team being inserted. Otherewise unless it is a AC130, it may have limited applicability.
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X