Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domination (1 team) Co-30

Description:
    Your goal is it to free randomly picked targets (up to 21) from all enemy forces.

Features:
    - 21 main targets (you can select 4 up to 21 targets, 10 is default). Each time the mission starts target order gets picked randomly.
    - 22 side missions. Resolving a side mission brings your team extra vehicles like A10, M1, Cobra, etc. (randomly picked)
    - Small main target missions (destroy something, free some hostages, etc. Your team can get a Stryker or Humvee)
    - 2 Mobile Respawns (medic MTW)
    - Mobile respawns and the support trucks can be transported by by your blackhawks (essential feature, fly over it and select Lift Vehicle in the action menu)
    - 2 engineers who can repair and refuel the blackhawks and the mobile respawns
    - Artillery operator who can call artillery strikes every six minutes
    - Rescue operator who can rescue hostages and bring them to your base)
    - The driver of a mobile respawn MTW or the pilot of a blackhawk can create/drop ammocrates
    - Blackhawks, mobile respawn MTWs and the support trucks respawn
    - You can teleport to the mobile respawns or the flag at base if you choose "Teleport" in the action menu if you're near them
    - Sometimes if a main target is cleared the enemy starts a counterattack
    - Enemy KA50 and Mi17 sometimes appears. The Mi17 drops paratroopers
    - A status dialog is available at the mobile respawns and the blackhawks that shows some information about the current target and sidemission
    - Some small AI features like dropping smoke if they get attacked and more

Installation:
    Extract the pbo file to your ArmA\MPMissions folder.

Change log:
    v 2.16:

- Fixed jet and chopper reload pads at base
    - It is now possible to transport all vehicles except M1, T72 and Shilka with the Blackhawks
    - The engineer can now repair and refuel all vehicles
    - The engineer is now able to flip tanks or bmps that are lying on the wrong side if there is a repair truck near him (about 20 meters, thanks to the folks at GDT for this idea)
    - And some internal updates...
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2059

Was playing this earlier today and it was pretty good. Do we have this - if not maybe we could make a day of it - pretty long mission.
    Jex.

Re: Domination (1 team) Co-30

This mission is by Xeno, I am in contact with the author and had uploaded his entire mission pack to the server (but it might not be on since we weeded out many missions). If not, I can re-upload.

Comment

Hi Shiner...

This mission is not in the mission pack you have. You got only the older team vs team version.

You can find the newest version (2.17) on BI forums, user missions. Look for co30_Domination! One Team

It's a completely scripted mission, no enemy units and other stuff placed inside the editor.

Cheers
      Xeno

Comment

Awesome Xeno and thanks for visiting here.

Jex,
        I will get the mission and put on the server.

Comment

Cool, that link will take you too the Dl page Shiner :)
          Jex.

Comment

Looks interesting!

What are the respawn timers like?

Comment

Originally posted by JAMerica View Post
              Looks interesting!

What are the respawn timers like?
              Pretty short - maybe 20 seconds?

However, you can only spawn at base, or one of the two mobile spawn units (which need to be driven to where u want them).

So if you die, you can potentially be out the game for a while or we could just leave the mobile spawns at base, which I think I would prefer.
              Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex View Post
                Pretty short - maybe 20 seconds?
                Easy to change. If you want a longer respawn time, change the respawndelay in description.ext, then in dlg\open.sqf change sleep 20 to the value that you've used in description.ext

However, you can only spawn at base, or one of the two mobile spawn units (which need to be driven to where u want them).
                You can either drive the mobile spawn units or transport allmost all vehicles, including the mobile spawn MTW with your blackhawks (except T72, M1 and Shilka). If you want to add or remove vehicles that can be transported by air transport, change _possible_types in x_scripts\x_helilift.sqf.

If you want to change more things just ask me, I'll help you.

Cheers
                Xeno

Comment

So if you die, you can potentially be out the game for a while or we could just leave the mobile spawns at base, which I think I would prefer.
                  This is what I was thinking as well. As long as there is some transport at base this would be the best option.

Comment

OK I just loaded it up and did a quick test.

When you spawn in everything is at base (the evo airfield - don't people get bored of that place?).

At our disposal we have the following;

1 - 10 man team
                    2 - 9 man teams
                    1 - Artillery Coordinator
                    1 - Rescue Operative (I think we need him to rescue people)

* I would like to see the inclusion of 2 pilots.

4 - Blackhawks with a respawn time of a few minutes and the ability to drop ammo crates infinitely - * Personally I would like to see 2 BH's and no respawn.

2 - Medical M113 mobile respawn vehicles with the ability to drop infinite ammo crates - * Personally I would like to see these left at base so we are forced to use transport if we die (and gives our pilots something to do). Also we should limit the amount of ammo crates we drop - i.e. not all over the map.

2 - of the Ammo/Repair/Refuel trucks

* - Bonus vehicles are handed out on the successful completion of missions.

How the game is Played

Before it starts, you choose how many missions you want. Default is 10 but it scales from 4 to 21 i think. You can also choose the time of day (default is 5 in the evening and the sun is annoyingly low).

There are no ammo crates that I found but the medical m113's and BH's can chuck one out.

The flag pole has a teleport feature on it - choices are base, mobile respawns (the m113's).

When we spawn in, our missions are randomly chosen and we'll also get side missions so keep an eye out for text messages on screen.

I like the fact that we can scale down the missions as this means if we only get a small number to play, we don't have 5 hours of gaming time ahead of us. I reckon a good start would be 5 missions. This should give us between 1-2 hours play and will leave plenty of playability too.

*PS - even though I like to fly and have made references to including pilots in here, don't assume that I particularly want to fly for this mission (I'd actually rather play this one on the ground) - I have included this request (can someone make the changes? I'm not knowhow enough to do it) because we have a few guys here at TG that like to fly and I think I'd like to see a permanent inclusion of pilot class in missions of this nature..
                    Jex.

Comment

Also we should limit the amount of ammo crates we drop - i.e. not all over the map.
                      Ammo crates get deleted after 8 minutes...

Cheers
                      Xeno

Comment

- Sometimes if a main target is cleared the enemy starts a counterattack
                        - Enemy KA50 and Mi17 sometimes appears. The Mi17 drops paratroopers
                        I particulary like these two lines :)
                        Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeno View Post
                          Ammo crates get deleted after 8 minutes...

Cheers
                          Xeno
                          Aah thanks Xeno!
                          Jex.

Comment

I have loaded it to the server with a 60 second respawn timer. Let me know if you need any additional changes. I haven't played this yet, but Xeno's other missions are top-rate.

Thanks to Xeno for joining up in the discussion here!

Comment

Played this with for a couple hours tonight with a good group on the server.

Notes:

This mission requires a lot of people to play. The missions were quite hard due to the smallish number of players we had, so make sure you have quite a few. We used the teleporting instead of starting at base every time, due to low numbers. I'm glad it didn't really turn into the zerg rush I thought it might with respawning being so close to the action. I think if you had enough players for a dedicated pilot, you could probably forgo the mobile spawn points.

The AI is fairly aggressive which was a welcome change. I was also extremely impressed when they a) popped smoke and (b) had medics that actually healed their AI teammates. (c) frequently counter attacked and reinforced themselves (it seemed).

I wasn't there when the mission was set up, so I don't know how much about the missions are mentioned up front, but it seemed there was a lot of random twists that kept it fresh. The best was the large scale reinforcements that appeared on Rahmadi after we had secured the city. Chaos! There was actually quite a bit of variety required in both equipment and skill between the main and side missions required.

Bugs:

Teleporting was buggy for me. It would always send me to Mobile Spawn #1 first. Then it would just keep looping me through Spawn #1 no matter which spawn point I choose. I finally figured out that in order to spawn where i wanted to, I had to hold down the enter key after selecting teleport in the action menu until I could click on my prefered spawn point. A little frustrating but not insurmountable.

Overall a great co-op mission, was a lot of fun, and a nice refreshing change for a relaxing friday night :D. I think it would be interesting to give this mission a go for co-op play some Sunday (with a few tweaks), as there is definitely a lot of good variety and play to be had out of this mission with a large group.

Thanks for the mission Xeno, and keep up the great work!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X