X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the AI 'sees'

I just read this over at BIS forums...

@ofpforum and ofp2
    We never said the AI could see through trees as if they were not there. But they do have an advantage.
    These two images were taken from the same camera angle. The first image shows what we (human players) see from that angle. The second shows what the AI can "see".

The second image is showing the "View Geometry" LOD. This LOD is used to determine what parts of the model the AI cannot see through.
    Jex.

Re: How the AI 'sees'

Exactly..if you can walk through it (i.e. like some of the bushes etc.) the AI can see through it.

Comment

Very important to be aware of.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Wow fascinating and great information. I always wondered why I was always getting toasted in a forest by the AI.

Comment

Seems someone has tackled the problem and changed the LOD's for the vegetation, giving you more cover and concealment from the AI.

http://www.armaholic.com/index.php?m=single&id=2315

:)

I'm not sure whether it works with kegetys's lowplant addon or not, so you must choose when playing SP. It may work if enabled server side and clients use lowplant? Nonetheless looks interesting, hopefully they can get all these to work together.

Comment

Nice find JAMerica. I'm going to play with this mod after work.
            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

It says running this in MP is considered cheating, but will it work at all without the server running it? This should be a Top of the List mod, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Shafik View Post
                It says running this in MP is considered cheating, but will it work at all without the server running it? This should be a Top of the List mod, for sure.
                If run as a server side mod, all the AI not under a player's control will be affected by the changes.

If the mod is run client side, only the AI under the players control is affected. I'm not exactly clear why this would be cheating, it just seems that the person running the mod would be putting themselves at a disadvantage, as their AI would be less effective.

I don't really see a problem with co-op as we rarely employ AI anyways. Unless I'm missing something.

Comment

I believe you are correct Jamerica. It would be of very little use unless you host the multiplayer yourselves.
                  --
                  VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

This is a good find and I'm happy that something has been done about it.
                    Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X