Headbug fix ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headbug fix ??

With all the mods/modders out there, modding everything basically... I sorta had an idea about how to fix headbugs forever.

Ill find it hard to believe if someone hasnt thought of or tried to do this already. Im not even sure if its possible but here it is. Seems to me, the headbug is basically a bug that occurs when the timing of the action of getting into a vehicle and the automatic change to freelook in the passenger seat.. Im pretty sure Ive never ever gotten the headbug getting into the driver's seat, which does not autmatically change to freelook. If there was a way to somehow eliminate the auto freelook when getting into the passenger seat, and require the player to manually change to freelook like when on foot...

Im no programmer, but that seems pretty simple to me :madsmile:

Any thoughts on how this might be done ? If its done and works, it will be HUGE!
    Dizlor

Re: Headbug fix ??

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
    With all the mods/modders out there, modding everything basically... I sorta had an idea about how to fix headbugs forever.

(words)

Any thoughts on how this might be done ? If its done and works, it will be HUGE!
    You would need access to the engine functionality to control whether or not freelook is turned on. While I cannot say with any certainty whether or not it is possible, my belief is that no, it is not possible, and it would require BIS to do something about it to actually fix it.

The bug has been reported, and 1.09 isn't out yet. There's still a possibility that BIS will correct it.

Comment

As Dslyecxi said, freelook only seems accessible from within the engine. There are no hooks in the configs or command reference...

...But, a proven method for fixing it (used by KilJoy in Evo) is easy to insert into any mission and maybe even universally using Doolittle's Global Server Config.

The basic method KilJoy developed to fix it was:
      1) When triggered by a radio call record the player's positon and black out his screen.
      2) Teleport him to a vehicle specifically placed to fix headbugs by placing him in the passenger's seat (which fixes the headbug)
      3) Teleport him back to his original position and un-black the screen...voila!

All a mission maker has to do is copy the script from Evo and insert it into his mission folder (Kiljoy has given permission to do this), place a vehicle named "headcar" somewhere on the island (hidden somewhere out of the way is probably best), and provide for a way to trigger the fix (most likely with a radio trigger).
      LoyalGuard

Comment

Right on ... as I said it was just a thought. Thanks for the info loyal.
        Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
          Right on ... as I said it was just a thought. Thanks for the info loyal.
          If there are missions where people frequently encounter the headbug, let me know and I can go to the author and hopefully get permission to insert the fix headbug script to solve the problem.
          LoyalGuard

Comment

Would be helpful.

TheCityLife.webs.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse